Vagcom

mikerd4

Reaction score
Ive got my mate coming round tonight with his lappy and vag com as I havea traction control lamp coming on all the time and need to try and diagnose it, also the engine light came on. Im a bit worried about it but am hoping its something simple as the lamp came on after the cambelt change and the garage told me it was a tension sensor and not to worry. If its the same Ill be taking it back to be checked.

Those issues aside, Ive seen peopl posting boost graphs etc from vag com, is there anything worth doing whilst I have it hooked up to make sure the car is running right etc (Im told the maf might be causing the traction lamp issue and maybe even the engine lamp)

Depends what version of vag com he's got (shareware or not) to whether you'll be able to get a boost log.

Definitely scan for fault codes, and maybe worth doing a MAF log. 4th gear from 2k-6.5krpm foot on the floor! Though a private airfield is needed! ;)

LaSarthe&Back said:
Though a private airfield is needed! ;)

I have one of those! Seriously, I actually do!

Only got a straight that Tarmac'ed though, about half a mile long, the perimeter track is 4 miles but dirt.