s3 keys

nky_84

6th Gear
Reaction score
did a wee seach but didnt throw anthing up. How many keys should an s3 have, ive heard of 1 spare and a red one, so 3 keys in total. What is the red one for and is it essential like on a fiat for instance?

cheers

Nick

I have three keys. Two normal ones with open, lock and boot open and one small black plastic one. Not sure what its for though.
Nik.

nky_84 said:
did a wee seach but didnt throw anthing up. How many keys should an s3 have, ive heard of 1 spare and a red one, so 3 keys in total. What is the red one for and is it essential like on a fiat for instance?

cheers

Nick

hmmm, the cam looking at only has 1 key. pretty fecked if that gets lost!

S3 NIK said:
I have three keys. Two normal ones with open, lock and boot open and one small black plastic one. Not sure what its for though.
Nik.

Yup, should be these 3 keys, the plastic one is suppose to be a wallet key or service/valet key? Probably starts the car, but doesn't open bootlid and glovebox??

nky_84 said:
hmmm, the cam looking at only has 1 key. pretty fecked if that gets lost!

Ive only got one, just dont lose it!!

Easy enough to get another though

I think I had 4 when I bought mine. 2 Flip keys, 1 plastric wallet key and another key that couldn't open the boot and glove box (for servicing).

anyone know how much to get a replacement if its lost? Is it cheaper to get your key duplicated whilst u still have the original?

Think you'll be looking at around £140 also ive read on here somewhere that the ones on ebay cannot always be coded,so beware!

Your right. I work with a guy who owns a TT and it only came with one key so he bought one off Ebay only to find it couldn't be coded.
So yes beware of cheaper alternatives which may be a waste of time and money.
Nik.

JustSports said:
Think you'll be looking at around £140 also ive read on here somewhere that the ones on ebay cannot always be coded,so beware!

Just checked my key stash and it turns out i have four keys.
2 flip out type, 1 normal type key and the plastic key.
More keys than a jailer :eyebrows:

Nik