Struggling to find an S3...

bowser134

Reaction score
Been looking for a while now, the TT sold a few weeks ago and im desperate to get one..

Hardly any decent ones with spec im after come for sale very often..

Im after met black with silver leather/black and beige alacantra with under 60k miles.. Not that bothered about age either so its not like im being fussy.

Seen a W Reg, well spec'd with 58k for £9k but think this maybe a little overpriced for the year?

Anyone know of one going?

tell me about it, ive been looking for almost 3 months! Ive even started looking at other things, elise, clio v6 etc, but i may have landed my pride an joy, should know in the next week or so :)

that autotrader one is cheap!

I'll have to sell mine soon then if they are going for that price now :(

Yeah mines approaching 135k and the best i'd get for it is 6-7K so one wth 65k for 9 sounds like a steal

Oh and other places to look would be on the Pistonheads and tyresmoke.

S3Andy said:
I'll have to sell mine soon then if they are going for that price now :(

Mine's lost so much money, that there's no point selling it! I havn't really seen anything as a replacement anyways... maybe a
Honda Integra DC5 or my dream daily car, Honda NSX... New S3 is too much money for a Hatchback imo, so maybe when they are nearer the £20k mark, which could be ages, judging by the current demand!!

i'd personally steer well clear of a 2002 65k S3! thats about 3ish grand too less. something suspect about that one in my opinion.

must admit i thought it seemed to cheap, i think my next car is going to be an oil burner, quite like the look of the seat leon cupra's good engines (150bhp standard) even better after a remap, seen a few about with full leather too. I know theres one at my local seat dealer (well an FR) might have to give it a test drive. Then its decide if its worth chopping the S3 in while its still worth something.

regarding the autotrader ad, its ming blue and secondly its prob a 51 reg but 2002, so is 8995 such a cheap price that it looks suspicious ?!

im looking to sell mine which is a 2003 for about 11 so imo thats
priced right if its a 51 reg.

i still think its too cheap by some way. It could be 51, although it says 225bhp, so maybe 02. It never says in the advert anywhere about its condition too, just lists the facts, which might be suspicous. If anyone goes to look at it though, I'd like to hear how it goes. If it was mint, I would expect that to be atleast 10 grand. atleast.

imho, its priced to sell ..... what do you see mine at paul ? 2003 03 ming blue/Full Black leather 83K with FASH and 1 prev owner ? (standard car) , im gonna sell soon so intersted in how you would price it as i know youve recenlty purchased one so would have looked at a few.....im thinking of 10995 - 11495 ....

2003 helps to bump up the price but the millage doesnt help so much.

I'd say 11.5 is about right

when i was looking - prices varied massively - low amounts for sale means prices can be very spurious. I watched for 4 months before getting the right one. saw 3 or 4 too....

what do you think mine would be worth:
01 facelift model, 34k fsh, silver alcantara, coilovers etc etc etc bla bla??
thinking of selling it soon just to make a few lucrative investments

10.5, maybe 11 coilovers might narrow you market tho, aslo depends on what etc's an blah's you have! an what reg of 01

my guess of actual selling price (they are fairly vague guesses):

2003 03 ming blue/Full Black leather 83K with FASH
£11k

01 facelift model, 34k fsh, silver alcantara, coilovers
£10.3k (X reg) £10.6 (Y reg)

Selling an S3 ain't fun - it's such a niche car that you have a limited (altho' enthusiatic) market. I guess it's a matter of patience...!

If you are after a fully loaded spec, absolute red one, see my classified! What is doesn't say is that I have the REVO SPS3 dongle and OEM Audi roofbars as well.