Sky InsuranceChris Nott
    1st Gear

Status

What to replace coilovers with?

Hi Everyone,

Right I've had Fk coilovers fitted to my A3 for a while now and hate them the ride is way too hard. My question is for the people out there who also felt that coilovers are too hard what did you replace yours with, I like my car quite low but want a comfortable ride, thinking of buying these http://www.dpmautostyling.co.uk/cata...oducts_id=1441
    Can anyone give me their comparrisson between them and FK coilovers, are the H&R also very hard or will there be a really noticeable difference.

Many Thanks
    Audi S3 2001. Black on Black. OE Sat Nav/Freeview. Bose. 18" Audi/BBS Splits. 10+16mm Spacers. KW Coilovers. Forge DV,tip and intercooler pipes. KnN Panel Filter. Oh and the essential Re-map. GONE

2. # ADS
    ADS

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    I went the non coilover H&R Route,

got any pics of your car mate?

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

1st Gear

Status
    will post some up tonight at work at the moment. Whats the ride like with the H&R sports kit?
    Audi S3 2001. Black on Black. OE Sat Nav/Freeview. Bose. 18" Audi/BBS Splits. 10+16mm Spacers. KW Coilovers. Forge DV,tip and intercooler pipes. KnN Panel Filter. Oh and the essential Re-map. GONE

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    what are you doing with the coilovers?

are you selling them?

how had is the ride compared to the standard setup? surely they wouldnt sell them if theyre THAT bad?

Slipping at 3.5Krpm

Status
    I have FK Konigsport coilovers and even on the softest setting the ride was incredibly harsh.

One set of Eibach ARB's later and the car handles better than ever before and the ride is MUCH better and more comfortable, even on mid setting.

Obviously as the ARB's means the damping is shared, it changes the ride characteristics.

Have you got aftermarket ARB's? That could have the combined affect of improving the ride and cornering.
    <Insert meaningless geeky specs here>