Any S3 owners with the Alacantra / Leather seats?

MikeA3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
So I've finally put my A3 up for sale :bye: and am now looking for an S3 over the next month or two, i've already looked at a few with both types of seat covering and I prefer the split alacantra / leather seats as i felt they stopped me sliding around more than the total leather recaros.

But... how easy are they to live with? - the car's i've seen so far have had the silver alacantra which seems to stain and show signs of wear quite easily - i've also read old posts where people have had to "de-fuzz" the alacantra with a remington as they tend to "bobble" after time.

Is there a specific product that people use to keep the alacantra clean and looking good?

Thanks

Mike

I've got the black leather/blue alcantra seats... I love them. I've not got any stains on them though as I haven't spilt anything in my car...

I'm touchy about people eating or drinking in my car though.. spill anything and you're walking home... !

s3seats23qt.jpg

s3insidethrough4ed.jpg

The difference in colour you can see on mine is just the napp of the cloth (like a snooker table), if I smooth it in the same direction is all looks the same. I prefer them over all leather alot !

If your only preference for Alacantra is due to sliding in the seat, then why dont you consider a CG Lock?
http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/
I got one on a group buy and I can honestly say I wouldn't own another car without one.
It keeps you super tight and the leather slideyness is no more.

Personally, leather with the CG Lock would be my choice, as its then way easier to maintain than Alacantra.

im picking up my S3 tonight.......and it has the white alcantara inserts. I love the styling, but the seating area is a bit bobbly. Ive just ordered a fabric shaver thing off ebay for about 3 quid which im hoping will help. (having searched on here previously!)

i also have the blue alacantra/black leather setas, love them and hove no problems keeping them clean. no fuzz buildup either...

I have the Yellow and black seats, love them. Better than full leather in my opinion, they are a bit bobbly which needs sorting but they clean up ok with some fabric cleaner and a damp Chamois (sp) leather.

Paul let us know how the shaver thing works and which one you have when you get it please.

Joe,
it looks like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FABRIC-SHAVER...yZ116744QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

although, the one i ordered was a little cheaper still i think.
Not had chance to use it yet, will PM you with the details.

I picked up the old girl last night, and absolutely love it. Will post the pics, although you may have seen em before, cos its the dolphin grey one Colin was selling on here until a short while ago!

This was the drivers seat on mine after 4 years/40k miles

IMG_3874a.jpg

Close up

alcantara.jpg

I tended to use hot water in a Vax to clean them.....