Single to Double Din Conversion

mordz

Audi S3 (2000)
Reaction score
Ok so i have searched the forum and found some cool threads... i have emailed a few breakers and checked ebay a few times but not had much luck finding parts.

I have the S3 W reg (2000) pre face lift with concert headunit (single Din) i want to swap out the center console for a double din one.

I need:

Double din center console/cage bit
Climate controll unit
All buttons etc
and the facia

i have a spare single din center console and facia for any one who wants it.

Does anyone know a good place to get the parts i need? or have them for sale / exchange?

Thanks

Alex:rockwoot:

What search terms did you use? I am interested in this and found very little, I mostly want a cup holder!

I understand you can cut down your existing climate control unit, so you might not need that particular part?

Vagparts sell the double din cage, but you might have some luck ringing around some Audi parts departments as a lot of them are selling off A3 8L parts quite cheaply.

searched double din conversion - mostley people saying they had done it and a few threads with pictures.

i didnt know it was poss till i noticed the dash in the face lift models is prietty much the same, then found this site to ask the quiestion and saw a few have done it.

i have emaild vag, so will see what they say.

I did actually buy a 2nd single din console off ebay for £20 but after looking at what i needed to move etc it was more complex than my expertis would allow so i didnt want to tackle it.

IMO i would prefer to pay for the right bits.

Dave - Know what your saying bout the cup holder.. them pathetic things in the glovebox are useless.

you can buy cup holders that fit in the arm rest from vag parts, it might also be worth checking out seat leons for centre consoles as they have the same dash as the A3

Dave_Bayern said:
What search terms did you use? I am interested in this and found very little, I mostly want a cup holder!

:lmfao:

Super, If i cant find an a3 ill check for seat parts... ;)

No reply from VAG as yet

I've got one of the armrest cup holders, rubbish.

small things and all that :happy:

Got a price from Vag for the full conversion

Center Console
Dbl Din Cage + Fixing bracket
2 blank buttons
hazzard switch
Rear heat window switch
ESP Switch
switch bracket
Cup Holder
climate control.

£600:scared2:

The killer being the climate control unit £365 ouch

The helpfull dude told me there is no facia on the dbl din consoles as its built on. is this the case? have i missed any parts?

Also are the electrics the same, ie new climate controll simply plugs right in, no need to change plugs / chop wires?

Thanks

Alex