rear camber with damaged shock?

aidank1981

Reaction score
hey guys!

apoligies for my lack of technical terms, i'm certainly no mechanic!

for those who remember i put my car off the road an suffered a serious low blow to my rear passanger wheel damaging the alloy and bending my rear shock (thing its when my damaged alloy turned 180 an touched).

anyway my saga continues and i still havent recieved my new billstien rear shock however i'm a bit concerned about the camber on my wheels?

when she was lowered (around 30-40mm) if i remember right the rears were further in at the top (comments if correct)

now as she stands the driver side (undamaged) is cambered slightly as she was before where the damaged side is cambered twice as much? could this be corrected upon fitting the new shock?

should i investigate torsions bars? bend hubs? any other thoughts?

unfortunatly the cars in a body shop with apparant panal beaters an painters without any 'real' mechanics

one i get it fixed i thought a digi 4 wheel alignment at star would be an idea an a good once over from qaulified profesionals?

any thoughts would be great

cheers

if the camber difference is that apparent IMO you should take it directly to a mechanic to see whic other parts may be bent. although the bent damper may have caused this, if it something else then it needs to be fixed ASAP.

thanks.

i'll go down that road anyway just the cars in shetland hence theres only a few guys i'd trust to check her over! hopefully i get the ok to drive her south an get her checked properly!

:confused: