Uprated Haldex controller

scib4

Beep-Beep!
Reaction score
Who has one fitted?

Do you notice much of a difference? Are you glad you bought it?

Will the car power oversteer?

Cheers Mike

it probably will (since mine allready does without it) but dont expect EVO style drifts...

I have this fitted,

yes it "did" make the car power oversteer, but.....

i now have the car fitted with r32 anti-roll bars and an allingment similar to that suggested by glen Ess Three and along with the Weitec coilovers i have the car just seems "right", for me any way,

very little understeer compared to how it used to be just goes where you want with out fuss,

seems expensive for what your getting, and the fact it offers no increase in bhp will put many off but such a good mod in my view worth the money i spent on it,

Keith

def, come on tell us more! is it really like full time 4WD? and its off topic but what do you think of your bushings? is the car noticeably harder? more vibration? any difference in handling and stuff?

Anyone not like the uprated controller? Why?

I believe it works by how fast you press the GO pedal, therefore sending the power to the rear quicker. But if you are playing on a wet roundabout at the limit and you squeeze the accelerator slowly will the car just understeer?

Also if anyone is selling a used one or know where i can get a new one cheap please PM me.

Mike

i,ve always been unsure of them from when they first came out it might be me but why make your car over steer easier/or be harder to controll. i lost control of my car in the wet, with the traction off the back end just went were ever it wanted to with out the haldex controller. i,ve yet to try one but still not convinced.

I think all the talk of oversteer is a little bit of wishful thinking. If I push stupidly hard out of a round-about, in the wet, with worn tyres, then yes I can get the back end to step out. Certainly not in the style of a Porsche or BMW. If I'm lucky I can get some lengthy drift/understeer.

The uprated Haldex won't make the car any harder to control. It gives you more front-end grip so less understeer. In general driving it gives the car a nice push under acceleration, and the car seems to sit better in high speed cornering. A very worthwhile mod, just don't expect it to make you a drift king.

AFAIK theres only one for the old generation haldex, and thats the Haldex Performance Part (HPP :) )

I dont like the sound of this, at the bottom of the description of the competition version:

'This application is not suited for slippery or snowy street use as it will cause immediate over steer when braking in a corner.'

Does sound like a good idea for UK weather

I think "sport" version may be the best choice for most of drivers. I will update with it in a few months i hope...

scib4 said:
Also if anyone is selling a used one or know where i can get a new one cheap please PM me.

Mike

the more people that join in with the group buy of the controller the cheaper it will be!
i really want one now!
we can get them £475 fitted if 15 or more people want them!

After checking the fuses and completing some basic checks its looking more and more like I'm going to need a new controller anyway as I seem to be in two wheel drive mode at all times!
How would this work though, when you say it’s a fitted price, where in the country is it fitted? I live in Richmond and don’t mind travelling within reason.
r

sitrials said:
the more people that join in with the group buy of the controller the cheaper it will be!
i really want one now!
we can get them £475 fitted if 15 or more people want them!

To be honest its not really a good deal IMO, especially as i would have to travel to have it fitted.

Mike

anybody on here had the switchable 50-50 split fitted? if so how does it feel on a track? Also when it is in the off position does it behave as per standard or is there a difference in response as per the sport fitment mentioned above?

cheers

Might have to re think that one then as they are based in Manchester
Awesome GTI Store UK,
Unit 1 Siemens Road,
Northbank Industrial Park,
Irlam,
Manchester,
M44 5AH, UK

thats a good 4 hour plus from me....anyhow if its really a plug and play component its about £499 to buy online.
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/store/product.php?xProd=3850

anyone tried fitting one themselves, or is there more involved than meets the eye?

r

fasteddie said:
anybody on here had the switchable 50-50 split fitted? if so how does it feel on a track? Also when it is in the off position does it behave as per standard or is there a difference in response as per the sport fitment mentioned above?

cheers

Don't think there is a switchable 50/50 unit.

I heard a while back of people getting switches fitted in the cabin to change from standard to 50/50

Nah, there's a switchable version of the Gen II Haldex for the newer Audis, but it switches between something similar to the original uprated version, and something a little softer. Not 50/50.

you can find all the fitting instructions on eip tuning web site plus some tools/oil filter an oil to change on the haldex diff it,s self, seems straight forward enough. we have not long since missed a group buy on this item from the tt-shop.

I was asking myself if 50/50 full time, could be dangerous for haldex, don't forget that's a clutch.

I'll meet MTM Partner in 3 weeks, so i could clarify this question.

The GB on these is NOT through Awesome GTI, its potentially more in the middle of the country, not 100% confirmed yet, but Beds Bucks Northants!

So not awesome, well not unless they can do it for cheaper!

Ryore said:
Might have to re think that one then as they are based in Manchester
Awesome GTI Store UK,
Unit 1 Siemens Road,
Northbank Industrial Park,
Irlam,
Manchester,
M44 5AH, UK

thats a good 4 hour plus from me....anyhow if its really a plug and play component its about £499 to buy online.
http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/store/product.php?xProd=3850

anyone tried fitting one themselves, or is there more involved than meets the eye?

r

See above, its not Awesome I spoke to about this GB. GB is provisional only at present, but if you cannot do fitting then they will post out to you for same price.

cool, I'm still definitely interested in purchasing.
One way or the other I'm going to need to purchase one.
;-)