Wheel Offsets and PCD Adapters HELP

sitrials

Reaction score
Website
www.m-a-d.co.uk
Hey Guys
Just bought my S3 and I really like the thing is it has a set of RS TTs although they are very nice wheels as they ARE genuine! i would like a to fit a set of early A8 monobloc rims (can't post a pic yet as this is my first post) i need adapters from 5x100 to 5x112 i know but the thing i'm worried about is the offset. I think i understand but want to make sure before i spend a grand on wheels and adpaters. current offset of the A8 rims are ET48 if i fit a 25mm PCD adapter the offset will then be ET23 IS THIS CORRECT:think: and what is normal for an S3 i was told between 30-45 is ok. i can get 20mm apadters but they are like £150 more!
Thanks
Si
picture of the wheels can be found here just add the usual stuff in front thefastshow.com/images/virtualshow07/campbell1.jpg

ET35 is the offset you should aim for, but it should be ok with ET25 at the front, and ET20 at the rears, as there are members running 10mm spacers up front and 15/16mm on the rears. You will need to do some research on the width of the wheels and the tyre sizes you plan to use, as clearance is obviously your main aim, I can confirm that 235 wide tyres up front is the max i would go, and 255 for the rears. I'm currently running 235 section tyres all round with 5mm spacers at the rear with loads of room to spare at the rear and reasonably tight at the front, but nothing to worry about.

Has anyone fitted the A8 monoblocks to an A3? Would love to see how they look. I think they look great (about as 'euro look' as it gets). I've seen them on an A4, just wondered how they would look on an A3?

I posted a pic awhile ago of an S3 a while ago with these wheels and I have to say it looked the absolute dogs ******** mate... I would recomend them to anyone

Yea they do look great. If someone's got them on an A/S3 then even better. I saw some on ebay awhile ago and was wondering whether I should get them or not, but didn't in the end. Gutted now :3sadwalk:

pick up the car tomoz! have the wheels in my garage!
i'll hopefully have mine on the car sunday!!! :icon_thumright:
will get a picture and post straight away!!
need to sell my 18" RS TTs if anyone interested.
thanks
Si