De-Locking an Audi A3

Dave_Bayern

Slipping at 3.5Krpm
Reaction score
After reading quite a bit on VWVortex about delocking Mk4's due to the security risk, it got me thinking.

The early A3 8L has exactly the same system does it not, apart from having a different fascia for the actual locks, it seems to work the same way.

I know in the facelift models they removed the locks completely, so is there any way to delock, or swap out the handles on the early cars to remove the locks?

Whole new doors is a bit excessive though isnt it, and I have a really funny kind of black, in fact, I've never seen it on another A3 yet, so I'd have to get them resprayed.

try sourcing a rear drivers side handle from a 5 door, if i'm right i think they are the same as the front but no locks. as they are like that on Polos and mk 4 golfs.
Si

They wont fit straight in as the handle with lock in are slightly longer. i measured some up from a 4 door A4 and it looked a bigger job than i wanted to do?

does your passenger side have a lock? ive herad u can use the passenger handle with no lock for the one on the drivers side.

My 2000 S3 doesn't have a lock on the passenger side

maybe you could get a german passenger side handle?