Your help for a newbie please

domcj

Reaction score
Having owned and modified nothing but VW Golf's for years I am looking now at a Audi S3 but I have a couple of questions I am hoping someone could help me with.

1) What sort of average MPG do people get from there S3 ?

2) How is the best for chip/tuning upgrades ?

3)Is £13500 for a 99 Vreg is black with leather a OK price

4) Would it be drive by wire with the VVT engine on that year, I know if I looked but I have not seen the car as yet.

Your help with these would be great

Dom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Welcome to the board /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

In answer to your questions:

1) I'm getting high 20s for mpg I reckon - been a while since I checked though

2) There are loads out there - use the Search function on here and it'll uncover a wealth of information

3) Sounds good to me, but I don't really know for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Maybe somebody else could put up their opinion

4) If it's pre-facelift then I think I'm right in saying it won't be DBW, although having said that jimboA3 took his to be remapped earlier this week and they found that it was! More info here

Hope that helps... probably not much but hey /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well I ended up buying a 99T S3 in yellow today, paid £13 for it and the car is mint and done 45K, I am a very happy man

Top Banana /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tell me, will my 8 x 18" with 35mm offset wheels I have in the garage off my MK4 Golf bolt straight onto the S3 ??

Sounds like a cracker you've picked up. Enjoy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

The wheels are Rial Vipers, I fitted them today but I am not sure about them on the car, I will try and get some photos

Nice wheels those, I reckon theyll suit the S3

imrialviper.jpg

No problem, when are the local meets to be held ? although I am Club GTi host, I would like to join a Audi Club any recommendations ??

Andy, where did you get the dynatwist from and how much ?? I had one on my golf T and they are good.

we're currently organising a meet at the moment! and you're already a member of the club audi-sport.net! stickers are available /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

For air filters evryone seems to be going for this quikshift taipan one at the mo, you might want to contact JBR Performance!