S3 or not to S3

not sure

Reaction score
Hi there people,
I am planning on buying an S3 (01/02) soon but not sure if its my right move, please could you help?

I have a corrado vr6 at the moment and i am selling it as it is just too old and fancy something abit newer, she will be missed sooooooo much.

Will i be pleased with the perforance or will it feel abit slugish compared with my vr6.

Whats the handling like? I have read some negative points on this forum about the S3.

Any help will be greatfull.

Test drive a couple and make up your own mind. It's the only way to know if any car is what you are looking for :)

Thanks for the thread (quite funny )
Sounds like i might be abit disapointed tho not sure wot to do now.

Think il just have to drive one to find out.
Cheers

Personally, i'd rather have an S4.

I'd say you would be disapointed personally, coming from a Corrado VR6 with a good chassis. You will definitely miss the V6 rumble and steering feel, but you get a classy interior and a push in the back feel of turbo boost! :racer:

Yeah i was thinking that as well, ive also never owned a turbo so i was thinking it might be a whole different feeling.

wots the book time 0-60, bout 6ish

I am interested wots it like? what sort of money etc.

Wots next for you then after the S3?

jojo said:
I'd say you would be disapointed personally, coming from a Corrado VR6 with a good chassis. You will definitely miss the V6 rumble and steering feel, but you get a classy interior and a push in the back feel of turbo boost! :racer:

I'd agree, the S3 is a completely different car to drive and takes time to adapt your driving style. It does need money spending on the handling so minimise the short fall in driving experience compared to the corrado. I've learned to love the S3 but the Corrado is a very special addictive car to drive and own.

fingermouse said:
think you might find the S3 a little more civalised if you want something like you have try the mk4 R32

I like R32's, they sound great and look spot on, I would have bought one over the S3 but you can get an S3 for alot less money than an R32 due to the fact the R32 is 2003ish on only