I have a leak

j4g3d

Reaction score
I noticed 1 day my washer jets just wasnt working properly. noticed the washer jet light was on in the dash. So i topped it up and tried sprayin it but didnt work properly felt like no pressure to squirt it out...

thought nothing of it till i tried the next day and there was no water left in the bottle, so topped it up and then next day i noticed a puddle of water on the passenger side corner (the bottle is on the driver side) thought it was a coolant leak but coolant was still sitting fine.

Checked washer bottle again and was empty..... so is there any known faults as to where these leak could it be a certain joint or the bottle? i dont see how it could be the bottle cos the leak was on oposite side of the bottle... could there be a slit and when i goto jet it onto my windows its coming out of a slit on the pipe or summin?

This has just happened on mine. The pipe from the washer bottle travels to the passenger side of the car in the engine bay before going to the rear of the car. Mine was just a connection which had come off.

It's a common fault for the feed to the rear wiper to force itself off if the water freezes. I've also seen the pipe break inside the boot underneath the sub in the left rear cubbyhole - think this is less common, but worth checking you haven't got water in the bottom of the cubbyhole as your alarm is right at the bottom.

ive had a peep in the engine bay towards the passenger side corner but cant seem to locate this pipe?

Fill up the washer bottle and then get someone to use the stalk whilst you look for the leak - it should be quite obvious when it starts