Badger5Monster Motorsport

Thread: Rare ECU Code

2nd Gear

Status

Rare ECU Code

Hi guys , hoping that someone can shed some light on this for me. Took my car to awesome GTI in in cheshire yesterday as it was booked in for a remap [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] When i phoned they asked for the model/ year etc (dec 1999 audi a3 1.8t quattro), they said "fine no probs , i should expect about 220bhp and 250llbs torque" wooooohoooo! Got there and they plugged their laptop in to the diagnostic point and pulled off the ecu code, came back in to reception and said "that car shouldnt exist !He'd never seen that ecu code before and the car is a drive by wire which he'd never seen on a pre2000 model either ?" Anyway theyve downloaded all the software and are gonna get an american company to write a program for it especially that i go to pick up 1 week today. Now at this point in time , do ifeel worried ? blessed at the fact i have a rare car ? confused ? I dunno ! Someone help please !

2. # ADS
    ADS

...Watching you!

Status

Re: Rare ECU Code

[ QUOTE ]
    jimboA3 said:
    Hi guys , hoping that someone can shed some light on this for me. Took my car to awesome GTI in in cheshire yesterday as it was booked in for a remap [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] When i phoned they asked for the model/ year etc (dec 1999 audi a3 1.8t quattro), they said "fine no probs , i should expect about 220bhp and 250llbs torque" wooooohoooo! Got there and they plugged their laptop in to the diagnostic point and pulled off the ecu code, came back in to reception and said "that car shouldnt exist !He'd never seen that ecu code before and the car is a drive by wire which he'd never seen on a pre2000 model either ?" Anyway theyve downloaded all the software and are gonna get an american company to write a program for it especially that i go to pick up 1 week today. Now at this point in time , do ifeel worried ? blessed at the fact i have a rare car ? confused ? I dunno ! Someone help please !

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird! but not neceassarily bad! Look at it this way... you'll be gettting a cutsom APR remap! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Rich

2nd Gear

Status

Cheers rich ! I was a bit worried for a bit i must say ! Hopefully she'll go like a gudden once the remaps done! On a lighter note , i must say that the boys at awesome were top notch, couldnt fault their service/ customer care 1st class !

Neutral

Status

To right! Supposedly, as the theory goes. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

If you go somewhere and the service is crap you will tell 8 other people. If you get great service you will only tell 1 other person.

3rd Gear

Status

Really? I would have thought I'd tell more people about good service than bad..

Just shows how much I know about human nature [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

How many posts o nhere do you see saying that a dealer is bad.. compared to those saying the dealer is good.... (and there are some decent dealers out there)

3rd Gear

Status

Very true - I do try to sing praises when I get good service, but I agree that the majority of dealer posts on here are of bad service - I guess I've just got my head in the clouds or something [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Very true people - I always try and sing the praises of companies that do a good job simply because it means other individuals can benefit from good service. I work in sales and service myself or the AA and would want others to do the same for me and the company i work for. P.S If anyone wants some decent breakdown cover PM me !