I seem to offend people on here but ive only bought my S3 for...

Status
Not open for further replies.
rodenal said:
I wouldnt go chasing too many 172's once you get your S3 mate, you might get a nasty shock

tell me about it, remap should sort them out...., i hope

225 and 172 run a very similar byp/ton of 166 and 163 respectively in standard trim

Who gives a flying **** whether an S3 is faster in a straight line than a 172?

If you beat your mate in the 172 do you get to **** his girlfriend or are you just gonna go home and have a ****?

jesus.jpg

I've known Glen (Ess_three) via these forums for around 5 years. He has great knowledge about setting up cars in general, as well as tweaking his former S3 to something close to how HE wanted the car to handle. I even drove it briefly, when I visited Scotland for an Audi-Sport.net drive. The car felt very sharp and excellent turn in, compared to my standard S3.

But thats not to say I don't like my S3. Its been a great car, despite its problems and niggles. Yes the standard brakes aren't the best, mine were crap from new. Yes the car understeers a little, but this can be reduced by better tyres, adjusting your driving style.

But for 90% of the time, driving quite quickly, but not at 10/10ths, its a great car. Rain or shine. A superb all-rounder. And I have always said that. It may not be the best at any one thing, but its good enough in each area to give enjoyment and quick point-to-point travel, IMO. A-roads, B-roads, commuting on the motorway - it takes them all in its stride.

It also despenses of quite a lot of cars in straight line and on the twisties, other than things like STis and EVO's. Perhaps some of the newer Hot Hatches have caught up or surpassed the 8L S3 in terms of handling. But straight line performance, even a standard S3 still holds its own. But normal cars...forget it, they just don't compare.

So I agree, Glen, you are a bit harsh on the old S3 mate. But you are entitled to voice your opinion.

AL

AL_B said:
So I agree, Glen, you are a bit harsh on the old S3 mate. But you are entitled to voice your opinion.

AL

The thing is Al...
Having spent £40,000+ of my own money on MY S3, I think I'm entitled to post any opinions I like. Be they negative, or positive.

It's funny how all these whining girlies choose not to pick up on the positives, isn't it?

But instead all go hell-for-leather on the negatives...because they feel in same way less of a man to hear sombody dare to criticise their car.
It's ****** pathetic...these are the said same whinging gits that'll be singing the praises of the next 'best car in the whole wide world ever' when they sell their S3 in a few months/years time and but something else.

This thread has made me laugh more than any I can remember...
I feel so sorry for the sad, pathetic S3 owners who can't accept that their car isn't perfect.
And let's face it...it's not.
If they like it...they shouldn't care if someone else doesn't.
But oh no...not here...they get all upset, bottom lip out, toys out of the pram...and start falling out with people.

There are a few pathetic excuses for human beings on here currently, who really need to get a life, put things into perspective and chill the f*ck out.

It's not the end of the worly if your car isn't the best in the world...it's really not.
And just because I say it, doesn't mean plenty of others don't think it. Are you going to get bent out of shape with them too?

Get a life folks...
It's only a car.
And it's very far from being perfect in the grand scheme of things.

Funky_Junky said:
Surely you lost some sleep verbally masturbating in your numerous posts on this thread?

Erm...I'm on nightshift.
I can do this **** all night long...

For me the original point of this 'debate' was not to say "my car's perfect and its better than yours etc etc" it was to point out some users dissatisfaction in the way you have been posting recently. I appreciate you know your stuff (and don't you just know it) but just give up with the forceful nature and tone of your posts. I'm not sure 'Administrator' is the right title for you, maybe 'Dictator'?

Boohoo...
Diddums.

Are you hard of understanding?
I DON'T CARE!!!

And you appear to have a real hang up over me being an Admin...
Performing an Admin function has no impact on my thoughts or opinions...it's a completely different role.
I posted the same thoughts in the same way before I was Moderating.
So what exactly is your problem?

I'm a regular poster on a 205 forum and rarely do mods give this much of a user-bashing, and never do they do it with your persistent regularity.

Well if life is so rosy over there, why don't you foxtrot oscar back then?

I'm sure you will spend the next few hours quoting me on bits of this and saying how you don't care and reminding us that we shouldn't post/read if we don't like your opinion, but to be honest its not the content of your opinion that bothers me, its how often I hear it and how you deliver it.

How old are you?
Do you want to go tell your mummy that there is a big boy making you sad?

Grow up...

This is a public web board...and you'll hear all opinions.
Just because mine differ to yours, and don't like the way it's delivered...tough.

Ess_Three said:
Let's wait and see how many people who are currently annoyed/upset/aggrevated have the ability to not read...and not post.

What a thread. Needs a humor injection....Captain Chaos.

essthree.jpg

Oh dear, maybe I'll get the LCR instead of the S3, I'm frightened to ask for advice in case the thread goes pear shaped...

icecavern said:
Oh dear, maybe I'll get the LCR instead of the S3, I'm frightened to ask for advice in case the thread goes pear shaped...

It's like i said... ;)

I wonder how many pages this thread will get up to???

Immo Yellow S3!! My Fav

I couldn't care about the colour.
Am I allowed to say that?

I'd better not say any more...there are too many upset people all ready. How sad that one persons opinions can upset so many.

BTW, Captain Chaos rocks!

Ess_Three said:
I couldn't care about the colour.
Am I allowed to say that?

Immo Yellow, your finding it hard to say it know!

I'm a fan of yellow S3s...
I like them a lot.

Just slightly less than Noggy Blue ones...it was yellow or blue when I was ordering mine...the Noggy won.

I'm ****** as a c**t, can I offer an opinion on the subject? hic

Second thoughts, i'm gonna finish this kebab then throw up over next doors cat

I care as much about next doors cat as you do about other peoples opinions of you.. lol.
The difference being that I could probably get away with blowing next door's cat to little pieces of kitty kat...

N.B The reference to me rendering a nice little pussy into shreds should NOT in any sense of the sentence or context be taken seriously. It was a ****** up northern c**t of an attempt at humour so go feck yerselves.

Pure comedy this thread really having a laugh at some people. Dont understand why people get so flustered about others not liking/criticising the car they own i personnally couldnt give a **** if everyone hated mine. I know i dont have an S3 but i paid 25k for mine and started making it better as soon as i got it. The 4 rings seems to cloud peoples judgement and they think the cars cant be improved when in reality they can be and very easily. I believe a lot of people on here think their car is great and perfect and so on because they dont actually know what the perfect car is or should be.

I know if Glen was offering advice on the 8p i would use it as best i could. Im yet to hear him tell people they were wrong to buy their car or they should of bought something else

It's too early for the fit of laughter this brought upon me...and I have a hangover!

One thing I have to say though, I know the S3 is far from perfect but for crying out loud, what sort of muppet would spend £40k trying to perfect one??!

This thread makes for quality reading!!!

Lovin the Captain Chaos pic as well!

Top posting boys. :thumbsup:

Silver75 - I was joking as well mate > TRUCE

Btw i got a diesel which i find a lovely drive, ok it has got more wallow then Jo Brand on the corners but we cant have everything!

Now me having my A3 TDI Quattro .. am i classed as man that drives around in a poor mans S3?

i can understand how Essthree is bitter after spending 40K on an S3, why didnt you just buy a better car to start off with in the first place!??? thats logic for you
seriously every1 is entitled to their own opinion...

Got to laugh at this thread there iks so much pish on it, 40k on an S3 and people defending their cars to the hilt. IMO we all do have an opinion but this thread should be well locked up because it gives the forum a bad name IMO

PS I drive an S3 I am happy with it, Its not perfect but I cant think off one car that is. Also drive 2 other Vdubs and they are the same, Good even excellant in some areas but not perfect

Cars are all about enjoying the drive and the look you put on it, Thats my opinion -Chill out guys

Ess_Three said:
Erm...I'm on nightshift.
I can do this **** all night long...

Boohoo...
Diddums.

Are you hard of understanding?
I DON'T CARE!!!

And you appear to have a real hang up over me being an Admin...
Performing an Admin function has no impact on my thoughts or opinions...it's a completely different role.
I posted the same thoughts in the same way before I was Moderating.
So what exactly is your problem?

Well if life is so rosy over there, why don't you foxtrot oscar back then?

How old are you?
Do you want to go tell your mummy that there is a big boy making you sad?

Grow up...

This is a public web board...and you'll hear all opinions.
Just because mine differ to yours, and don't like the way it's delivered...tough.

Lol...infinitely predictable.

Thanks el capitan :salute:

Hotscar said:
One thing I have to say though, I know the S3 is far from perfect but for crying out loud, what sort of muppet would spend £40k trying to perfect one??!

Er...
£30k new from Audi for the S3...
Then another £10k on wheels, tyres, suspension, brakes, FMIC, SMIC, re-mapping etc...

It adds up...you do the maths!

campbell said:
i can understand how Essthree is bitter after spending 40K on an S3, why didnt you just buy a better car to start off with in the first place!??? thats logic for you
seriously every1 is entitled to their own opinion...

You don't read very well, do you?
If you've read my replies you'd know I wanted a 'project'.

I wanted to prove you can make a S3 outhandle and outbrake the Evos/STIs...
Which you can. Easily...

And I'm not in the slightest bitter...again, if you'd bothered reading, I'd do it all again tomorrow.
That doesn't sound like the actions of a bitter man.

Then once I'd had my fun...I went out and bought a 'better car'.

brucelee1973 said:
Got to laugh at this thread there iks so much pish on it, 40k on an S3 and people defending their cars to the hilt. IMO we all do have an opinion but this thread should be well locked up because it gives the forum a bad name IMO

...and the other Forums you frequent are perfect?

PS I drive an S3 I am happy with it, Its not perfect but I cant think off one car that is. Also drive 2 other Vdubs and they are the same, Good even excellant in some areas but not perfect

Nobody has mentioned any car being perfect.
But unlike some, I'm able to admit that none of my cars have been perfect...it's the admission part that makes people unhappy.

I spend my money buying them, playing with them and criticising them...my cars, my opinions...based on my standards and experiences.
Yet this is soooooo hard for some to accept.

Cars are all about enjoying the drive and the look you put on it, Thats my opinion -Chill out guys

Cars are individual...like opinions.
I'm just amazed how some people get bent out of shape over one differing opinion...
It just goes to show how sad some people really are if one persons attitude/manner/opinions upset them so much that they feel the need to whine about it on the internet for days on end.
Now THAT really is pathetic.

OK mods, has this one has gone as far as it can go? We'll probably be in the same postition this time next week....

There's gonna be differing opinions here, clearly not everyone is gonna share the same point of view.

Lock for the sake of A-S.net and all that sail in her....???

:applaus:

this topic should be closed but i think its being kept open for the comedy value alone

Well, I'm happy to lock it...
But I fear the whinging ladies would only accuse me of locking it to prevent any more 'truths hurting me'.

I'm happy to lock it up...but equally happy leaving people making a total tit of themselves by letting everyone see how upset they get by one persons individual comments/mannerisms.

My hands are tied...damned if I do, damned if I don't.

...unless there are any other mods about that want to lock it?
I'll get the flak for it anyway...but hey, I con't care.
Bring it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.