Chris NottVolks Autos

Thread: New A3 Bodykit

Neutral

Status

New A3 Bodykit

As some of you may know ive ordered a new A3 TDi Sport for March 1st
    I am planning on buying the Vortex bodykit and having it fitted before taking delivery.

But is there any other bodykits out there i should be looking at for the New A3 ??
    If there are can you guide me in the right direction, or post some pictures up!

Thanks very much.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status

Re: New A3 Bodykit

I definately think the Oettinger kit is worth a look, I can't recall what the vortex kit looks like exactly, but IIRC it didn't look as factory as the previous A3 vorex kit...IMO. I can't recommend Oettinger enough, I love every product they do....if only my bank manager did!

Oettinger home page

...Watching you!

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    I definately think the Oettinger kit is worth a look, I can't recall what the vortex kit looks like exactly, but IIRC it didn't look as factory as the previous A3 vorex kit...IMO. I can't recommend Oettinger enough, I love every product they do....if only my bank manager did!

Oettinger home page

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately the best kit i've seen so far... looks lovely [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]

Rich

3rd Gear

Status

I know I keep saying this, but why can't Audi bring the car out like this in the first place??!

Neutral

Status

Been on there web site but hasnt got any prices ?

Any clues how much the kit cost to buy. I can get it fitted and painted.

Looking at wheel options too.

5th Gear

Status

Wish,

I expect based on the previous kit you'd be looking at around 1500 Euros, the previous kit was 1100 when offered at discount, so I'd expect the new one to be a bit more expensive. Will have a chat with the guys at the Oettinger stand tomorrow at the Essen motorshow and try and get a price and some more pics for you.....

Neutral

Status

Yes please if you dont mind !
    That would be great.

Sepang Blue S3

Status

Wish i have the Vortex bodykit which known as the ABT bodykit, mine was fitted with Audi dealership and is covered under warranty..

Here are some pics of my car:-->
    Regards David...If you live close enough i can bring it round so you can have a look.

Sepang Blue S3

Status

I have gone for the Audi wheels because i heard the vortex were a nightmare to maintain and clean, so i decided to go for the star deisgn is it 5 or 6 spoke can't remember.

Dave

Neutral

Status

The 'Stars' are an option from new, 315 i think, but to be honest i havent gone for them as they are the same size as the standard wheels (like you have already got)

Each person has a different taste, but i perfer the standard.

Sepang Blue S3

Status

Your totally right about taste, its just i didn't fancy the fact of loosing my front foglights along with drilling the body unlike the Audi fitted one. Plus I like the Audi workmanship and overengineering of everything they do at their best. However the oettinger one loosk smooth aswell.

Dave (New Pics Coming In 5 days)

Neutral

Status

Ahh
    Great stuff mate ! Cheers

6th Gear

Status

Is that Ott kit the same as that ebay edition one? Either way they do look impressive

2nd Gear

Status

http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/9/863.html

Body kit etc from Kamei. Very nice. Potential look for a new (R)S3? Car looks good in Dolphin Grey as well.

I like the top four pics for this Sportec one as well:

http://www.supercars.de/singlecar/9/859.html

Sepang Blue S3

Status

OMG I agree, thats it.

Thats so the RS3 look which has been pondering me for some time. Jealous is not the word.

Dave

Sepang Blue S3

Status

Thats defintaley what it will look like in years to come if you look at future audi's. I some how wonder what engone they put with the mean face it has, i somehow suspect a large growl from the looks of the car such as a 3.2 turbocharged or even bi-turbo if they are feeling over the top. However its not my decision with what audi decide as they will market it as needs be, hopefully with them looks abaove and a really hefty engone with all the bits and bats added on. You know the standard RS "bits".

Dave----> Does that car make you feel **** at the moment, it does to me as it makes me feel so jealous. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

WANT ONE NOW ---> MONEY IS A BARRIER, as is with everyone 35 ETA

5th Gear

Status

Wish,

As promissed here's some of the kits I took pics of, and I must say that I thought the Kerscher kit looked quite good IIRC, but the photo was...well...crap!

New A3 ABT kit Front

5th Gear

Status

New ABT kit rear

5th Gear

Status

New ABT kit side......ummmmm

5th Gear

Status

New Kamei kit

5th Gear

Status

Kamei wheels [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img] but they also make brakes [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

Dietrich kit front.....I'll reserve judgement!

5th Gear

Status

Dietrich kit side....and black Porsche wheels...say no more

5th Gear

Status

And finally, the new Sportec 7 spoke alloys [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]

Administrator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Administrators On Twitter

Did you see the Carbon Fibre interior bits in the Sportec A3? very sexy!
    Sportec haven't decided yet whether they will produce the 7 spoke, some of the other importers didn't like them, but the girls on the stand and it seems you and me both like them, everyone elses opinion?
    I could show them this thread itf everyone likes it enough [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    ...and we could convince them to go into production with them!

5th Gear

Status

The 10 spoke alloys from Sportec are hard to beat, so I can understand their reluctance to produce a wheel which isn't as good or better.....maybe....

Didn't take a pic of the carbon bits unfortunately but they were pretty nice to say the least.

Reverse Gear

Status

Gambba,

can iask where all these pics came from any links for us, these all look so sweet, except for that Banana Bus......some yellow hippe car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

Wow What can i say, thanks for taking the time and trouble of posting the pictures up.
    I think im gonna stick with the Audi kit, but the twin exit exhausts look lovely !

Ive changed the colour of the car again !!! From Lava to the Black Metallic, Just waiting to hear from the dealer to make sure the factory will let them, as the car has gone confirmed production.

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    amlaS3 said:
    Gambba,

can iask where all these pics came from any links for us, these all look so sweet, except for that Banana Bus......some yellow hippe car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The pics are those that I took at the Essen motorshow at the weekend. Well as a match for your description of the 'yellow bus' I thought you might like this yellow Taxi!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif[/img]

5th Gear

Status

I like the Kamei bodykit, and the Sportec 7 spoke - in fact i would buy a set of the Sportec 7 spokes next year with the next S3. Although I would quite like them in a dark shiny finish....

Sepang Blue S3

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    Wow What can i say, thanks for taking the time and trouble of posting the pictures up.
    I think im gonna stick with the Audi kit, but the twin exit exhausts look lovely !

Ive changed the colour of the car again !!! From Lava to the Black Metallic, Just waiting to hear from the dealer to make sure the factory will let them, as the car has gone confirmed production.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice, Same as me!!!!!...What Spec are you havin wish?

What engine?
    I might get the double tailpipes on mine soon, maybe. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/****_you.gif[/img]

Neutral

Status

There not in the brochure yet. And the dealer didnt know the price of them, but i just had to have them to get the car in the garage without opening the window and pulling in the mirror.
    I was in his office when he was ordering the car and spotted it on the system, so he ordered them for me.

5th Gear

Status

John, I liked the 7-spoke alloys as well, but agree that the 10 Spokes are hard to beat [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]

As for the Carbon Trim, I don't think any of us took pics of it, but IIRC the trim in the A3 was lighter than on the Cayenne, and I thought the Carbon bits on the Porsche were sweet [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

Administrator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Administrators On Twitter

I'll get the Sportec boys to send me over some pics of the Interior bits, and I'll confirm price and availability too [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]