Anti corrosion warranty

rodenal

Reaction score
Being lazy here, thought it was a 12 year warranty but have just been told by audi(over the phone ) that its ten, anybody got their manual at hand to check.

Im assuming it'll go form the date of manufacture as opposed to date of registration? As my car was manufactured 15/11/96 but not registered until 12/97

oh yeah, any ideas how much im looking at for 2 door's resprayed lol

According to the warranty conditions for new Audi passenger cars,
cover against faults is provided for one year. In addition, for vehicles
sold in Europe it is warranted that for the period of;
- 3 years after the delivery no paintwork defect and
- 10 years for Audi after the delivery no through-corrosion occurs on the body.
However, should such damage occur, it will be rectified by an Authorised Repairer(s) in
Europe
without charge for labour or material.
- 12 years Through Corrosion on all Audi Models 1998 onwards.
Warranty claims are not acceptable where;
- such damages can be traced back to external influence or insufficient
care,
- damage to the body was not repaired in time and/or not according to the
manufacturer's instructions,
through-corrosion is connected with the failure to use Audi genuine parts for
body repairs.​

Ah well, ******** lol

Dont know if i can be bothered getting these fixed as im gettin shot of this car in a couple of months, might make it harder to sell tho :(

So I'm guessing that if the corrosion is caused by a stonechip, that it wouldn't be covered?

TRS1 said:
So I'm guessing that if the corrosion is caused by a stonechip, that it wouldn't be covered?

Corrosion from stonechips is not covered by the warranty - it's considered an external influence. Infact very little is covered since its an anti-perforation warranty. That means it has to be rusted all the way through before you can make a claim.

It paid off on my 98 A4. Had the whole side done under warranty But your right there are a few exclusions.

there seems to be a problem with a6 avant roof gutters corroding on the inner edge apparently this is due to the way the metal is creased in manufacture ie the zinc coating is being rubbed of on the bending machine i have just noticed it on mine its a slight bubbling under the paint does anyone know of this fault .and do you think it will be covered by the anti corrosion warranty a6 avant 2.8 quattro 99 t reg

There's definately ways around it. I had some paint bubbles on the rear arches and on the tailgate. Audi refused to do anything about it and said it was the result of stonechips. Luckily I work for Shell's maintenance dept, so I have lots of Snr Paint Inspectors on hand to tell them what it actually was (osmotic blistering due to moisture particles on the galvanising prior to painting). Audi backed down, brought in an independant assessor, and the pannels were resprayed at Audi's cost. :)

i've got couple of small rust bubbles on bottom of doors and rear quarter panels bout size of 5 pence there is no damage to paint at all on doors. Do you think its worth having a word with audi about this?
and who do i need to contact? is it audi uk head office or local dealer?

Yes, deffo worth getting it checked out. Call your local dealer and they will probably put you in touch with their bodyshop. Ive just had the go ahead on my wheel arches and its saved me around £600

i will give them a call tomorrow good to hear you got yours sorted did they mess you around at all

Nope not at all. I went to my local dealer who put me onto their bodyshop who arranged someone to look at it. The first bloke who looked at it said he thought it may have been a respray so he had to get Audi to send another inspector out who checked it with his lazer thingy and then confirmed it was the original paint job and put the claim through. I just need to get it booked in now.

All in all, a realy quick friendly service.

My handbook is 2001 and that lists the corrosion gaurentee as 12 years.