where to buy 6000k or 8000k zenon HID bulbs?

Slick S3

Reaction score
where can i buy the bulbs to fit my S3 of a 6000k or 8000k rating, as halfords didn't appear to have anything apart from normal own brand halogens?
And what H number is for the main headlight?
I believe the standard bulbs in a S3 are super white 4300k.

:haudrauf:

your best bet is probably www.hids4u.co.uk

I cant remember the bulb fitment for xenons in a facelift but its not and H number from memory

Im sure some1 will let you know, might be D something

The 12k ones will look very purple indeed, and give you not much distance of light.
Do you find that the 8k ones give enough light on the road compared to the 4300k standard ones?
Is the 8k really blue or is it just a hint of blue?

When it comes to projector headlamps, you can get away with any bulb rating. it will never look too blue or too purple. the only time cars head lamps will look too blue/purple is when they do not have projectors!! the cars that do not have projector head lamps, reflect all inside the casing making the whole lamp look bule/purple. were as a car with a projector will give a nice crisp/sharp look. i seen a rolls royce phantom and i am sure they have 12000k or it could of been a chrylser 300c. Oh god yeah it gave amples of light, and it looked better to. I think every different make of bulb will give you a different coulour, i know i struggled on this when i was buying mine. hope this helps.(will try and get some pics up 2moro night.
Andy

thats quite interesting, would like to see what your 8k bulbs look like,
Am i right in thinking that S3's all have projector headlamps then?
If this is the case then all is good!:icon_thumright:

Yeah i think all S3s came with projector lights, it just looks like a glass ball and this magnifies your light from the bulb!!
Think i might get the 12,000k ones now i have got some spare cash lol