WHICH DUMP VALVE??????

rich-s3

Reaction score
Can anyone recomend any dump valves for s3's
and what is a diverter valve?

Dump valves release excess air to the atmosphere, diverter valves send the excess air back into the intake system.

For an S3 you need a diverter valve. You can't go wrong with something like the Forge 007P.

Is there a reson you can't use a dump valve? I know that with some cars the ECU needs to see the return pressure signal other wise you get lights flashing. and things not running properly

SYC said:
the ECU needs to see the return pressure signal other wise you get lights flashing. and things not running properly

Bingo.

ok thanks for the advice will get the 007p ordered :icon_thumright:

rich-s3 said:
ok thanks for the advice will get the 007p ordered :icon_thumright:

Your car has a plastic Bosch diverter valve anyway. If it ain't broke there isn't any reason to buy a new one, and a new one is only £22.

The 007p is simply a more robust version of the standard valve, no performance advantage unless you are running silly boost - which you can't on a K04 turbo.

has anyone actually tried these forge dump valves which make a noise + still recirculate? still interested in one?!

edward_harris said:
has anyone actually tried these forge dump valves which make a noise + still recirculate? still interested in one?!

have a search on seatcupra.net. quite a few guys running them on 1.8T's there.

Rich

Stick a pen up the bottom pipe on the DV and push the piston up, it should take quite a bit of pressure to push it up. When its at the top hold it there and put your finger over the small nipple at the top of the DV. Take your pen out of the bottom and the piston should stay where it is, take your finger off the nipple and it should drop down with a little click.

I have a Hyperboost DV for sale just serviced, if you are interested drop me a PM

the new forge ones have only been out a couple of weeks, same as 007 but makes the 'whooosh' noise, if thats what floats your boat.....

New ones? I just ordered a 007 - whats the new one?

edward_harris said:
are these any good?

meant to be exactly the same as the 007p but just gives the sound of an atmospheric dump valve without ******* up your engine management

might have to sign me sen one of those bad boys!

Any deals going on them at the moment DPM? ;)

edward_harris said:
umm! might have to get one! very tempted! are they really loud?

Apparantly not.

An 007p and a Ramair Filter gives a louder 'dump'.

ive read about the 007p compared to the forge one, does the 007p make a bigger dump sound than the forge as it's not designed to as the forge is? but as you said
Apparantly not.

An 007p and a Ramair Filter gives a louder 'dump'.

i want one that i can hear out side which is best to go for, i already have a uprated one which amd out on but not sure what that is?!

Got a splitter forge one on my S3, Once you set it up (twists on top with finger for your boost) then it is fine, Get a small dump and the car runs great. You are not getting a huge dump but the harder you go the better the dump - suits me

oh rite so you can adjust how much it dumps out? so if you turned it so it chucks out loads of boost would the car not run well?

You can only set it up to the boost level that you are running the noise is not affected. I think its about 15% dump and 85% retain so you get a sound. As I said it suits me about the noise

ok sounds good! gonna have to get one! one last question i can hear mine as it is would you say its louder than a standard on tho?! thanks

i know its not S3 specific at all, but as tall paul says, cold air induction kits really seem to amplify the sound!

my car is currently TOTALLY standard other than a cold air induction kit, and running the standard 7psi, the recirc sound when i back off is really quite loud, the turbo spool up noise is also far more audible with the induction kit in place!

a friend of mine has a mk4 golf gti turbo, running an mbc (perish the thought!) with the boost set to 15psi, and the recirc sound when he backs off is really very loud, not like the low toned flutter of mine, but really a really high pitched release.

personally, i MUCH prefer the sound you get from the diverter valve than any dump valves. every other chavvy turbo car out there runs an atmospheric dump valve, and everyone knows what it is.

when i pull up in mine, and the diverter valve gives off its little flutter, people seem really shocked and interested to know what it is. and its a far nicer sound to hear than a big TSCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

having my car Revo'd and a forge 007 fitted next month :) cant wait to hear it then!

The 007 valves are completely different to the new Split R valves in both the design and the function

The Split R is designed to recirculate aroundf 50 60 % of the air into the system to help keep the ECU happy and allow for zero running issues .
The rest of the air is vented to atmosphere .
The sound or loudness will vary car to car and is dependant on what mods you have and what boost you are running .. The Split R is not as loud as you traditional dump valves as fitted to Subaru , Evo , or Coswoth , due to the design criteria . It is slightly louder than the 00&p with cai but again id depends on Boost , driving style etc .
We have many happy customers with this valve over on www.seatcupra.net