Chris NottSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

lowering a A3 sport

Iv just bought a Final Edition a3 1.6 sport, The car has audi's 17" 9 spoke alloys on, as well as sports suspension. thinkin of lowereing it, but havde a few q's so i thought id ask the experts,

1: does the sports suspension have a lower ride height over the standard suspension?

2: does changing the springs affect any of the sensors for traction control etc?

3: iv seen lowering springs for a3's ranging from 25mm to 45mm, im thinkin 30mm will be good, any one got any picks of a3's that have been dropped to help me decide on a decent height

4: if i drop it 45mm, do the arche's need rolling? can you still have 5 people in the car with out it rubbing

cheers guys

Rick

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status

Re: lowering a A3 sport

Cheers, so is this how it works then, if the standard sports springs drop it by 15mm, to achieve a further 30mm drop, ill have to purcase springs that advertise to drop it by 45mm?? or am i just plain wrong???

5th Gear

Status

[ QUOTE ]
    ricklennard said:
    Cheers, so is this how it works then, if the standard sports springs drop it by 15mm, to achieve a further 30mm drop, ill have to purcase springs that advertise to drop it by 45mm?? or am i just plain wrong???

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like logical thinking.....but it doesn't seem to work like that, my car when I bought it was definately lower than the other A3T's as mine was the only one with the sports package, and then the Eibachs definately dropped it by something like 30-35mm as can be seen, so what is quite the limiting factor I don't know, as normally you can get different springs for different models...but I'm not sure this was/is the case with the A3/Golf??? Confused.....yeah me to.

Basically look at the car decide how much you want to drop it and then order the corresponsing springs, that's what I did and was happy with the results....maybe you could ask the same question to one of the tuners.

Reverse Gear

Status

Thanks, Yeah that all seems to make sense to me in a round about way,

Cheers for the help,

think i will take it up to the tuners and get there opinion before i buy the springs

Thanks again

06 A4 2.0T FSi S-Line SE

Status

your car looks good, mate...

i need 18" alloys asap!

i'm considering just getting -50mm springs, instead of coilovers having seen your pic. what's the ride like?