Traction Control Lamp

mikerd4

Reaction score
All of a sudden my traction control lamp has started coming on and staying on. It doesnt do it every journey mind but Im wondering if its a common fault? My mate has vag com but his laptop is bust at the mo so cant connect it up for a while yet

Well now its coming on permanently, anything to check prior to using vag com?

Your best checking with VAGCOM, but it could be something as simple as a faulty abs wheel sensor

I hope its something cheap and easy like that rather than a yaw controller (i think thats what its called)

Does not this light up when the MAF is disconnected/knackered?

Im sure it did when I disconnected mine to find a power loss problem on my 8L S3...

will find out this week, my mate had his lappy fixed so plugging vag com into it. Praying its nothing major, road tax due and just had cam belt changed so a bit skint

At the risk of sounding repetitive, please do a search, I myself covered this in depth...

It is more than likely the lateral acceleration sensor (G200), quite a common fault that appears sooner or later on a lot of S3's and Golf 4-Motions...

If your car is pre-facelift then you have 2 sensors, the lateral acceleration sensor (cheaper one) and longitudinal sensor behind the glovebox (expensive one).

Later cars have a combi sensor mounted under the steering column.

I have a face lift 210.

At the risk of annoying, if everyone just used the search there would be no point posting stuff anymore!! lol

As JamS3 said above, a faulty MAF sensor could also be the cause of this.