Xenon Bulb upgrade to 6000k worth it?

alecblack

Reaction score
As the title suggests I am thinking of upgading my Xenon bulbs.

Is there a noticable difference?

Aswell as the colour change is the visiblity enhanced?

I'm just wondering if the £70 output for them is worth it.

cheers
Alec

the light output will be slightly bluer and decrease slightly...

waste of money imo

IMHO they will be better as said slightly bluer light, but don't know why in rainy wheathers it works better, and i think they look great!

your xenons are factory fitted? or retro? which model are you buying, i'm looking to do the same but to 7000K but i can't find the exact model

My Xenons are factory fit

When you same you cant find the model what do you mean?

The bulb type if yours are factory fitted S3 model will be D2S

Poor advice imo. He has an S3 so he allready has xenons. If he wants to ***** 70 quid up the wall give it to me and Ill spend it on booze n strippers..

I think if the person can't see the road with his factory xenons then he didn't ought to be driving at all!

I can see the road fine thanks Chris, its just I notice other cars such as BMW's Merc's and Range Rovers with much brighter Xenons that look really good. They look much better than the standard ones you get on an S3.

6k Xenons are not as good visibility and terrible in fog :(
They do look nicer though, I personally wouldn't get them for £70...

I must admit that I have seen other cars that have bluer looking xenons, but as for them actually working better, I don't know if that were true.

Forgive my ignorance but what has the colour temperature got to do with the performance?

Aldo, I don't think any headlights are good in fog, the brighter they are the worse they perform, just try and put your full beam on in fog any you'll see what I mean.

I wouldn't mind changing my full beam to xenons though, so then the headlights are bi-xenon, if thats possible?

When you same you cant find the model what do you mean?

The bulb type if yours are factory fitted S3 model will be D2S..

silver75 said:
Poor advice imo. He has an S3 so he allready has xenons. If he wants to ***** 70 quid up the wall give it to me and Ill spend it on booze n strippers..

I do have factory fitted Xenons in my A3, but when going to buy new bulbs, they ask me for the model i.e.: 9007, h7 etc

A4Quattro said:
Forgive my ignorance but what has the colour temperature got to do with the performance?

More Temperature les lummens, more lummens more light output but as i have read 6000-7500 k is the nearest to sunlight colour and lumens

my standard S3 xenons are *****, i have to use my fogs all the time
nowhere near as good as my mates lupo gti, his are very bright and have a much better range... :huh:

Good excuse for driving around with your fog lights on all the time there.