S3 Problems

HmanS3

Reaction score
Having Bought myself an S3 Yesterday i drove home and

on the way back the Battery warning light came on looks like the alternator has packed up strange thing is when i put the new battery on it now the Brake lights dont work any ideas?

Sounds like a short.

Murder, think the continuity tester's coming out ! !

Now the new battery is in, does the warning light still come on ?

Is it just the brake light on one side thats not working and does all the other lights in the cluster work ?

Did you check the voltage of the old battery to make sure it was definitely duff ?

answer those questions and you'll get closer to the problem. :salute:

Brake light switch busting under the pedal is a common fault. Do you know if they where definitely working before the battery/alternator fault? Changing the brake light switch is a v.simple fix for not alot of money if your not sure whether they where working before or not.

they were defonatly working and were momentarily when the new battery was installed but died when the Warning light came on again after about 8miles night driving everything turned on
there appears to be no charge going in to the Battery

Sounds like a short?

Think this was cause we had everything on in the car
Lights Climate, stereo ETC......

Murder, think the continuity tester's coming out ! !

Doesn't appear to be Charging

Now the new battery is in, does the warning light still come on ?

Yes have swapped back to old battery to get me home as it had been on charge

Is it just the brake light on one side thats not working and does all the other lights in the cluster work ?

All other lights work Just all 3 brake lights fail to light These did work when the fully charge battery was added

Did you check the voltage of the old battery to make sure it was definitely duff ?

old battery appears fine just didnt get any charge from Alternator