aftermarket cd changer with mp3 to factory headunit???

Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Reaction score
done a search but didnt find what i was after so fort i would ask you peepz.

one thing i miss about not having an aftermarket HU is the fact i cant play mp3 cd's.

i currently have a 1999 1.8tqs with a bose system fitted (front an rear powered speakers with sub in boot) and was wondering if i can put an aftermarket cd changer with mp3 playback in the boot where the one is fitted at the moment and still use it with factory HU??

More than likely, but you'll need an adapter for the HU, and sometimes they can be costly - up to about £80 or that part itself.

If you don't mind losing the CD changer altogether, then a Solisto might be what you want?

I've got one connected to my Becker HU which gives me 990 MP3's to choose from, and it displays the MP3 name on the HU, so I didn't feel the need for continuing to use CD's!

They do one for Audi HU's too, and the cost is around £160, plus a decent USB Stick.

Here's a link if you're intrested... http://www.solisto.co.uk/

well idealy i wanted an mp3 cd changer. i fort well you can do it with loads of cars buying an aftermarket cd changer an linking it upto a factory headunit my mates mum has got a pioneer cd changer onto a mondeo headunit so must be possible with an audi one. just gotta see about the adaptor???

Try a phatbox / phatnoise.
Comes with 20gb cartridge and can be had from the US for about £120 including shipping.

Check the VWVortex forum.

Jas

I got the Sony changer AndyMac suggests and it works fine, having no track names can be annoying though.