S3 Charge Pipe

S3_Jack

Reaction score
I had the charge pipe off my car today,I noticed that inside there seems to be baffles of some sort near the turbo end,Is it at all possible to remove these baffles easily and if so would it give more of turbo spooling sound to the car ???

I had a look earlier regarding this,someone asked the question of removing the baffles but there didnt seem to be an answer,apart from buying a custom made from some guy on the Seat site !!!

Stewart said:
Do a search, again this was covered in depth.

Not being funny Stewart, but answering with 'do a search' in the last 2 questions is not really constructive is it? if you don't like the question, or don't have an answer, say nothing... simple :tapedshut:

jojo said:
Not being funny Stewart, but answering with 'do a search' in the last 2 questions is not really constructive is it? if you don't like the question, or don't have an answer, say nothing... simple :tapedshut:

So saying "Do a search", knowing that there HAS been a thread on this covered in depth is not constructive? Behave.

If I had said "Do a search" not knowing whether this had been covered or not then your point would be valid.

It is not a question of whether I 'like' a thread/question or not. If I have something to offer, I will and it is not for you to say otherwise or criticise my actions! Unless of course I am abusive, speaking of which, your comment is verging on.
Have you seen me reply to a thread with just "Do a search"? NO, never.

Again, on the tyres thread I offered input in that I indicated he should do a search BECAUSE it had been covered many times THEREFORE there will be a lot of valuable information to read through. I also went on to give a taste of my experiences and conversation I had earlier that day. So again your point is not valid.
You tend to type before you think Jojo. You obviously didn't read past "Do a search" then went on your little tirade.

Oh, and if you do a search for "baffles" the very thread I was talking about came in 4th post down! Not hard is it.
The guy who was making them actually posts at length about it...

Stewart said:
Do a search, again this was covered in depth.

It wasn't meant a post to offend you Stewart, but the 'again' bit in this sentence suggested to me that you seem a bit frustrated with these posts, which for some new users, and maybe even veteran users like yourself and me will ask when in the time of need.
It's obviously different for the established and regular user, we know how to use the 'search' function and I also know of the post you are on about, I've read it myself, but wouldn't recall the content from the top of my head.
My post on the 'do a search' was obviously from a humour point of view with the added :lmfao: smilie included which you seem to have overlooked.

Anyway, I apologise for stepping on your toes, can we get back to reality, sorry, virtual reality now please.

you after this???

chargepipe.jpg

Mine all Mine !! :)

Well I am on dial up!! So searching will take ages!

Anyone post a link to that thread please!! Looks a funky piece of kit that

Maz,I'd be interested in one of those also.What sort of money are you looking at mate ?????

jojo said:
Maz, call me when you have fitted it, I want to have a butchers! :cool:

I've fitted it weeks ago... :)

Noticed a little less lag when changing up gears with the turbo in and noisier!

Fitment is not perfect but i will have a better fit one soon as it is in development.

Will be available soon guys from MIJ Performance! Its 2.5" bore in polished aluminium (alot lighter) inc. brackets. Will cost around £140.00, mine was cheaper as i work there, not a great deal cheaper though... Before you all get ideas of me buying 100's for all the members! lol.

I will keep you all posted!

Maz.

mazzy said:

Fitment is not perfect but i will have a better fit one soon as it is in development.

Will be available soon guys from MIJ Performance! Its 2.5" bore in polished aluminium (alot lighter) inc. brackets. Will cost around £140.00, mine was cheaper as i work there, not a great deal cheaper though... Before you all get ideas of me buying 100's for all the members! lol.

Maz.

Good stuff Maz, need another test mule? :respekt:

mazzy said:

Maz.

Will they be available without the DV takeoff too?

Does the stock one have the DV take off or not!!

Would like one fo these when BT gets done if I ever get round to it!

Sorry for being ignorarant but what does the charge pipe do and what would be the point of changing it? Any gains or just cosmetic looks? Would it be good value for money?

Aky said:
Sorry for being ignorarant but what does the charge pipe do and what would be the point of changing it? Any gains or just cosmetic looks? Would it be good value for money?

It's the pipe that goes from the turbo air outlet, round from the back of the engine to the intercooler inlet. As mentioned in the first post, there are some turbo silencer baffles at the turbo end. Mazzy's pipe is just a pipe so it doesn't have any baffles, and it has a larger bore than standard.

As for gains, the K04 doesn't flow a great deal of air so with the pressure drop from the larger pipe you might actually lose a little power. Neglible differences really. But it looks better than the standard pipe and the lack of silencer baffles should make the turbo louder.

Cheers Chris so its for looks really, Could the baffles be taken out the OEM pipe? Would it throw up any fault codes?

It can be done, but it's not an easy job - lots of cutting, a little bit of welding, and some careful alignment. Ess_Three did his and he's put me off trying it myself.

simch said:
Does the stock one have the DV take off or not!!

Would like one fo these when BT gets done if I ever get round to it!

The standard pipe on the car has one yes. But if you're relocating the DV using the cold side relocation kit you don't use the feed there.

I'd also be very interested in one of these babies! are you making them up to stock i.e off the shelf or will it be a custom thing as with the exhausts at MIJ

Any discount on a full system and the charge pipe!!? :friends:

Booth_S3 said:
bar-steward, how why when? Why will it be first and last?

I want!:sob:

Hehehe, I bought Feel's pipe as he's selling the Leon. So it's the first pipe he made, but the last one he'll sell. Unless I can convince him to make me another five, so I can then sell them on at a huge profit. :)

ChriS3 said:
Hehehe, I bought Feel's pipe as he's selling the Leon. So it's the first pipe he made, but the last one he'll sell. Unless I can convince him to make me another five, so I can then sell them on at a huge profit. :)

And not let your fellow audi friends benefit from the lovely polished charge pipe, you rotter!

No seriously though if you do get any more let me know. I will have one for sure.

Though the shop Mazzy worked in are starting to sell them though?!

Got the pipe back from the powdercoaters this week so I thought I'd best get around to putting it in. Not sure if I'd say there's any noticable performance boost. But the car's been feelng quite punchy today (placebo?? who knows...). There's a more noise from the turbo, and a whistle...

IMG_2098.jpg

IMG_2092.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

liking the looks of that bay man. nice and subtle.