Sky InsuranceBadger5
    4th Gear

Status

Question strut removal help

this is for my S3, anyone know if you have to take out the drive shaft to remove the strut so i change the springs? im removing the front righthand strut of the car, it has a big hexagon in the middle of the hub so if i have to remove it im stuck! lol

i have the car jacked up now so an urgent response is needed and would be greatly appreciated

thanks
    :-)
    Lee
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

2. # ADS
    ADS

thats me

Status
    the hexagon is a stretch bolt so you should fit a new one if you remove it, try removing the bottom ball joint to giveyou more movement , but mark it up as you can alter the cambre slightly

nb never done S3 suspension but have done the cv boot
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Administrator

Status

6th Gear

Status
    I never removed my driveshafts when i changed the springs on mine mate, however if you want to remove the driveshaft to give you more movement undo it from the gearbox end, its held on with with 6 bolts.
    2007 A3 TDI 170 S Line
    Sold - 2002 S3

4th Gear

Status
    i have successfully changed 2 springs today, pretty easy but time consuming. will any tracking be out from changing the springs etc?
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.