Central Locking Not Central Locking

myrichdad

Reaction score
Website
www.4yourfreepack.com
Hiya,

Just had to lock all my doors and boot individually as the central locking hasn't.

Key fob is alarming the car but not operating the central lock in either direction

vague wirring noise in back of car...

Any ideas wether this is a simple job or not?

I had the same problem on mine.

There is a pump located next to the alarm siren which has 2 or 3 pressure hoses attached to it. It could be something simple like one of the hoses has come loose. If so then your a lucky man.

Mines was totally goosed. I took apart my unit and there is a little wheel which is like a piece of flint. It had snapped and couldnt be repaired. Got a quote from the stealers which was 220 pounds. Managed to get one from a breakers for 60 pounds. Took me 3 weeks to find the right part though but saved 160.

There will be a part number on the unit. You have to make sure that you get one with exactly the same part number or it wont work.

Hope this helps

cheers, will check that oout in the am.....

where is it? know a simple way of finding the alarm siren mind!!! but maybe prefere not to wake the neighbours!

Its in the boot. Inside the left side rear wing so you need to take the cover off.

The unit is inside a foam casing. Can be a bit trick to actually get out so be patient with it. If a hose has come off you can just slip it back on and hey presto. If not then Im afraid they are almost unrepairable so you will need to get a new or salvaged unit.

it is making a noise...not got round to sorting it yet....which was a bit interesting when i went to fill up and the fuel filler cap was locked.....nearly had the RAC out! lol. fortunately had manual with me and there is a release inside the right boot panel.

When you say panel do you just meen the flap that lifts out or the whole thing?

thanks for your help.

Its just the flappy thing that lifts out. Inside the cavity of the rear wing you will find all sorts of wires etc but what you are looking for is inside a greay foam sponge thing. Its about a third of the size orf a shoe box. Thats the central locking pump which will be making that whirring sound.

Just to note that in the same place you will also find the alarm siren and the Sub (If you car came with one from the fatory - In my opinion, the sub is crap) Some factory option that was...............!