HELP!

Dean_20

Reaction score
just took me car for its second longlife service today and got a phone call from audi telling me there was a few problems!
anti-roll bar and bushes need replacing, they said £350!!!
ther was also a bald tyre n my allignment way out! but just guna get tht sorted somewhere else!
i am quite annoyed as i have only had the car for 4/5 month bought from audi, didnt think id have any problems at this service!

do you think i can get this alot cheaper from a different garage, thats just the anti-roll bar n bushes i mean??

they are charging me £350 for the longlife service, + 102 for oil and filter + 50 for brake fluid!
£502 altogether!

ARb`s go for the R32 ones they are not sleved and will not crack again in the future.
Think they areabout 80 quid each, the rear is a doddle of a diy job the front is a little trickier and needs doing before you have the alignment done.

Is it both anti roll bars that need doing because if they have quoted 350 for both and it includes their 4 wheel alignment its not a bad price off audi tbh.

4 wheel alignment at audi starts at £100 and is something like £20 a corner for adjustments.

the front is the harder of the 2 and the 350 will include their 4 wheel alignment. Its a 1hour job for someone who knows what they are doing.

The bushes are about 8 quid for the pair I think the arb is about 100 but its worth fitting the R32 one then uprating the rear one to a R32 one.

Basically all the bushes are the same size right up to the R32 one but the S3 arb has a sleve to make up the difference in thickness. Its this sleve that cracks. I wouldnt worry about it too much let them do the service and do the arb in a week or 2 a local garage will do it for less. Depending on your level of experiance you could even do it yourself.

They want HOW much?????

I've jsut had the same problem, the bushes wore down the coating on my front ARB and then rust got in, hence knacked ARB.

I've got an Eibach aftermarket kit which is front and rear, and it cost £250.

I thought if you bought it from Audi it would come with 12 months warranty and ARB bushes are covered under this.

Aky

Good point!

You can nearly always get a aftermarket kit cheaper than the dealers..whether you want one or want to keep it standard is the question!

Yes if you bought a used approved car from them!

They should have known and told you....

yeh im saying i do have the warrenty!!

sure this job will be covered by it? i hope so!