Dash Board Computer?

S3MCS

Soon to be an S3
Reaction score
Hi Guys..

I put a deposit down today for an S3 (2000) for just under £9,000
as i mentioned previously, it had all the extra's, like bose, armrest, ali mirrors,

But just one problem, the computer in the dashboard had a line out right down the middle of it, and the garage said they can get a new one to replace it. does anyone know how much these cost? and is this a common problem?

Also im after some RS4 18'' alloys.. anyone know where to get hold of a decent pair, as the garage said they'd buy the wheels off the S3 im buying if i can find some elsewhere.

Cheers!

It's expensive to replace the DIS matrix, needs a whole new speedo/rev counter binnacle - £600+ seems to have been quoted in other threads about DIS fading (which is the more common problem on A3/S3's). So if they're willing to do it as part of the deal then bite their hand off.
Rochford Tyres are a good bet for RS/TT replica's, but you'll need to buy the centre caps from Audi if you want them to look remotely genuine. These aren't cheap at £18 a corner.

thats pretty expensive! lets hope they get it done then! cheers for the advise on wheels!
Still in deep thought about this car tho... i currenty drive the SEAT ibiza FR 20v, which is pretty nippy, and only 3 years old. but i want something faster, and more of an eye catcher, and i hope this 7 year old S3 will live up to my expectations. i test drove it, and its much faster than my current car. and offers better value for money, what do you think?

how much are they going to give you for the std wheels ??? they normally fetch 200-300 pounds for a set depending on the rubber

they said the'd give me £300.. thats not bad.
Also, how do S3's hold there value? the one im after has 49,000 miles on the clock, and if i sold it with near 80,000 what could i get for it?

Hi, I've just got a new S3 too and the lcd display is a bit sketchy. I've taken to keeping it turned off, but have seen there is a fix for it without forking out for a new display. I think its a loose connection to the LCD screen, requires you to get behind the screen and either get the ribbon connection resoldered or put a strip of plastic behind the connection to put a bit more clamping force on the ribbon. I'll see if I can find the thread with the info in and put a link up

Has anyone tried fixing this and if so how did it go?

i see, because the garage said that it was not broken when they got the car, and it can be fixed? so im going to make sure they fix it for me. but if there is a way to fix it myself, then i'll have a go at doing that.

My old man keeps trying to put me off saying that its a 7 year old car and all that rubbish.. but i dont see the problem in getting it if it holds its value so well. and its in such good nick!!