NEED MORE POWER!!!!!!!!!

deedus

Reaction score
I have remapped my 98 1.8t plus had a turbo back exhaust air filter forge dump-valve, bleed valve. so far im beating standard s3's and type R's and keeping up with wrx's. ive spent so about just over 1K.
So im wondering what is the next step with out going too mad with the cash.:thumbsup:

Ko3S turbo, FMIC and another remap. Probably round about another Grand will get you 230-240 bhp.

any more power and your looking at a big turbo coversion. talking around the £5k for a proper setup from the like of jabba

deedus said:
I have remapped my 98 1.8t plus had a turbo back exhaust air filter forge dump-valve, bleed valve. so far im beating standard s3's and type R's and keeping up with wrx's. ive spent so about just over 1K.
So im wondering what is the next step with out going too mad with the cash.:thumbsup:

So what your saying is that you have an exhaust and a remap, the other wont give you any extra power, and you think your keeping up with a standard S3?????

So you reckon you have got 75BHP from just those few mods???? Seems a bit optimistic to me tbh mate!

Booth_S3 said:
So what your saying is that you have an exhaust and a remap, the other wont give you any extra power, and you think your keeping up with a standard S3?????

So you reckon you have got 75BHP from just those few mods???? Seems a bit optimistic to me tbh mate!

im not being funny or a blag artist but if you want stats anyway look on revo web sites and it will show you the stats. It will show you that a remapped 1.8t has more torque than a standard s3 plus if you think about it, it's lighter car so you will get more power down. And the power is not being distributed between 4 wheels.at the end of the day my car is pushing more torque and about the same bhp as a standard s3:yes:

Go for a big turbo conversion, or buy an S3 and remap it.
Mine keeps up with my mates tuned Celica GT4 WRC. My mate was quite surprised. Thought he would blow me away, bring on the ring at the end of May

like i said, you seem to think that you will get 75 bhp from a remap and an exhaust which is really not possilble in my eyes. The remap on the S3 only gives you 35-40bhp, so you think you will get another 40odd bhp from just an exhaust, i really dont think so personally

deedus said:
im not being funny or a blag artist but if you want stats anyway look on revo web sites and it will show you the stats. It will show you that a remapped 1.8t has more torque than a standard s3 plus if you think about it, it's lighter car so you will get more power down. And the power is not being distributed between 4 wheels.at the end of the day my car is pushing more torque and about the same bhp as a standard s3:yes:

Who has remapped your motor?

you know guys, its not totally impossible what hes saying.......

a bog standard 210bhp S3 has 200lb ft according to parkers, and weighs roughly 1375kg i seem to recall...... it also has the transmission losses of 4wd.

a remapped 1.8T with a downpipe and decat COULD perhaps see 200bhp, if he has used a bleed valve to up the boost even more (not a great idea im guessing, but possible)

remember Ess Three said he got around 8bhp and 20 lb ft through fitting the n75 J valve, surely a bleed valve will do a similar thing in a slightly bodged way?

revo also quote around 225lb ft on the remapped 1.8T. which is more than the parkers figures for the standard S3, also, the 1.8t weighs about 1150kg doesnt it? with no 4wd power losses.

surely, in theory, a remapped 1.8T, with less transmission losses and 200kg more weight, plus a claimed higher torque, would have a ****** good chance against a standard 210 S3 from a rolling start?

Booth_S3 said:
revo apparently!
I take it that from your responce that you didnt go on to the revo web site to see if im liein or not. And dont forget that my car has a decated exhaust system plus the other mods But at the end of the day its all about the torque not the bhp and power to weight. plus im not really that bothered what you think cause I plus many other people (standard s3 mans) know how my car is running :moa:

deedus said:

This is racing talk. Anyone with a standard S3????:jump:

anyone see where im comming from? or am i completely missing the mark?

are the parkers figures of 200lb ft for the 210bhp and 207lb ft for the 225 S3 wrong?

Prawn said:
anyone see where im comming from? or am i completely missing the mark?

are the parkers figures of 200lb ft for the 210bhp and 207lb ft for the 225 S3 wrong?

Ive got your back on this one. the whole point for me coming on here is for me to get up and scare the 265 and above crew. cus my mate has a 225 s3 and we were both surprised how my car totalled out performed his car. so thanks again mate:thumbsup:

maybe there's something wrong with your mate's S3 (maf)? and if its std then you could possibly beat him if you're hitting about 200hp+ and some good torque figures. One more thing, a website will not show you how much your motor is pushing out, you'll need a dyno for that, not ever 1.8T is the same (same goes for S3s) so have you done a dyno on your car yet? if so what figures are you getting?

Defratos said:
maybe there's something wrong with your mate's S3 (maf)? and if its std then you could possibly beat him if you're hitting about 200hp+ and some good torque figures. One more thing, a website will not show you how much your motor is pushing out, you'll need a dyno for that, not ever 1.8T is the same (same goes for S3s) so have you done a dyno on your car yet? if so what figures are you getting?

I hear what your saying Ive been meaning to get it on the dyno to see what its running but at the same time thats not the only s3 ive gone up against dont get me wrong im not bragging but at the same time im sure that you have gone up against cars which on paper you should lose but the story was alot different

deedus said:

keeping up with type R's as in civic type R? i thought these gave even remaped S3's a good run or their money let alone a 1.8t?

I've got a strange feeling of deja-vu here. How long before a thread lock and a load of apologetic emails?

Apologies for my sarcasm!

"my car totalled out performed his car"

so you found one of those dry days in the uk did you

and a std s3 will see 80 bhp approx in losses through the 4wd iirc

i thought these gave even remaped S3's a good run or their money

thats strange i would have assumed, that a remapped S3 would be alot faster than type r. I know the type r is lighter but a remapped s3 would have over 260bhp+ plus almost twice as much torque. But then ive not driven either, so my opinion is purely based on figures.

im not sayin thats right mate just thought i read it on a thread on here somewhere, could be wrong of course, and knowing me im very wrong lol.
how about you all ignore me ha ha

ak_quattro454 said:
thats strange i would have assumed, that a remapped S3 would be alot faster than type r. I know the type r is lighter but a remapped s3 would have over 260bhp+ plus almost twice as much torque. But then ive not driven either, so my opinion is purely based on figures.

There is not much in it between a CTR and a 210bhp s3(i own both). The biggest problem with the CTR is getting the power down in the wet! A chipped s3 would be faster IMO.

Not sure about a remapped S3 but a CTR would out perform a standard one.

Ah well the poster above is much more qualified than i am to answer lol

Ok Ok :hubbahubba: S3 is fast BUT there are faster........ why does everyone jump all over this guy! its a forum im sure the idea is for sharing having a laugh, not for peeing people off.

I have had an S3 for 4 years and yes as i said its fast but i have had 1.9d keeping up with me at for short periods of time its all about how committed the other person is if you want to blow up your engne then im sure most cars will keep up with an S3... most S3 drivers look after there cars :icon_thumright:

so to answer the first question try Jabba sports they do up to 500bhp mind you front wheel drive cars will struggle to get of the line with over 300bhp.......

dantheman1986 said:
keeping up with type R's as in civic type R? i thought these gave even remaped S3's a good run or their money let alone a 1.8t?

nah do they hell. I've raced one - standard yes they would but they have no chance againt a remap S3. The mid range & the Quattro totally outguns the jap cr*p

I don't see what everyones problem is. Jabbasport claim they can get 230bhp out of a standard 1.8t using their RR remap.. So that's 5bhp more than a standard S3 in a car that weights over 100kg less..

What chance does the S3 have providing both cars have equal grip?

Depends on the CTR, the 197bhp ones are 150 odd KGs lighter so the bhp/ton is very simiar. From looking at the figures, if the CTR is getting totally shagged, it will be slightly quicker 60-100, but by half a second or so.

remapped s3 will have a bhp/ton figure of around 190, an that should take 2 seconds or so off the standard 60-100 and will say bye bye to most CTR's out there

Booth_S3 said:
like i said, you seem to think that you will get 75 bhp from a remap and an exhaust which is really not possilble in my eyes. The remap on the S3 only gives you 35-40bhp, so you think you will get another 40odd bhp from just an exhaust, i really dont think so personally

i can safely say with owning an ibiza cupra ( my last car previous to the S3) with similar mods, remap, exhaust etc and it was seeing over 210bhp, it would easily beat a std S3 in a straight line... a lot less weight, more torque and only 2 wheels to drive.

however.. the s3 is 10 times the car for comfort and handling, and a remapped S3 makes the S3 the way it should have been from the factory IMO

but side by side a remapped S3 and a remapped 1.8t the S3 will win IMO

leave1 said:
I don't see what everyones problem is. Jabbasport claim they can get 230bhp out of a standard 1.8t using their RR remap.. So that's 5bhp more than a standard S3 in a car that weights over 100kg less..

What chance does the S3 have providing both cars have equal grip?

I reckon that will be a car with a k03 sport turbo, not a 98 AGU on stock k03.

TBH, I have a golf with k03 sport and full turbo back /5 speedbox, and its about the same as a CTR! With light weight and a revvy motor, they are soem quick littel cars!

I think to go to the next level you should jump to an eliminator or big turbo.

I've got a £4000 115bhp motor that will **** all over a modified S3, Civic TypeR, chipped 1.8T.

0-60 in sub-4 seconds and geared for a top speed of 160.

It's called a ducati 916 SP.

Come on everyone, stop taking this so personally, no-one is calling in to question the size of your ****. Just because you own an S3 doesn't make you the fastest on the road.

Lots of cars out there faster for less cash. Remember the Top-Gear Jag V12 with nitrous. Cost less than a grand and was faster than most 200k supercars.

Please everyone stop the bickering. Everything is possible because it depends on how far each driver is prepared to go.

J.

:respekt: @ hooleys ducati ...

This is why i stopped running a forum cause they get unindated with the same arguments / discussions.

I say get it dynoed first then the forum guys / gals can help you out more .. plus it shuts all the people up who are always the first to dive into these discussions ...

Just my 2ps worth :p

I think Prawn makes a very good point, makes sense to me, more torque, less bhp, les transmission loss and 300Kgs lighter.

So assuming a dry road, the 1.8T would indeed be faster wouldn't it?

Figures suggest so.