aerial part revision

tj1978

MRX
Reaction score
Well, to carry on from my previous thread. I bought a replacement aeriel pack from Audi Hatfield for £40 which includes the base, BUT it looks like a newer revision on the part on my motor at the moment, the seal is incorporated into the plastic cover for the base and no longer a seperate entity...

The guy there said that the outside plastic base aerial cover should "SNAP" out and therefore allow me to replace it with the newer one ....

The part number on the packet is 8L0 035 501. Do you think this should work on a 2001 A3 ?

I heard that I needed to take the inside roof lining off to replace the ariels seal, but this way sounds alot easier ....

Thanks and kind regards

Tim

damn it, i cant un snap the plastic external cover for the aerial. I'll be upser if I was given the wrong advice by audi...

Regards

Tim

The plastic cover and areial base is actually screwed into the ariel metal base with all the circuits and what not which is all held in place on the roof by the 18mm nut in the headliner. It does look like Audi have given you the wrong info as you def can't just snap the base off.

Thanks for confirming..

Its exactly why I really have to wonder with some Audi garages...

You would think they would know how an AERIAL fits !!!!

It worries me what garage I should take my new second hand car to for its servicing !!!!

Tim

Servicing and parts are two differant entities that rarely speak (in my experience).

In general you don't need to be very bright to work in 'parts'.

Mind you some VAG technicians i've come across are hardly rocket scientists either.

These days i avoid dealers like the plague, if i must venture in to one i go knowing exactly what i want, including part numbers. Even then i've occasionaly walked away empty handed as the parts numpty has refused to accept what i'm saying - BTW this applies to YOU Vindis Cambridge, my Carbonio CAI is NOT causing my idle to fluctuate, and even if it was why should that stop you selling me a vacuum hose and one-way valve???

Phew, rant over :)