Beeping from rear

batwad

Reaction score
And no, it's not the parking sensors :moa:

Occasionally when I get in the car and turn the ignition on I get four beep coming from the rear of the car. It's a different beep to that of the parking sensors, quieter, longer and a bit deeper. Any idea what the car's trying to tell me?

batwad said:
And no, it's not the parking sensors :moa:

Occasionally when I get in the car and turn the ignition on I get four beep coming from the rear of the car. It's a different beep to that of the parking sensors, quieter, longer and a bit deeper. Any idea what the car's trying to tell me?

It's the alarm siren unit, it has an internal battery - it's bleating that it's not holding its charge and I guess asking you to replace the unit (it's a sealed unit).

Do a search on this forum, it's a common problem, and you'll find posts explaining where it's located and how much you'll have to budget (make sure you have no hot drinks in your hand etc, don't want to compound the shock with injury! :).

you might want to check your main battery as well, i had the same thing happen on mine and then it wouldn't start one morning

Thanks guys. I guess this is where silver's going to jump in and chastise me for not doing a search :rtfm:

batwad said:
Thanks guys. I guess this is where silver's going to jump in and chastise me for not doing a search :rtfm:

Or you could have looked in the FAQ at the top of this forum.. :)