symphony and nokia bluetooth

rjc

Reaction score
Website
virgin.net
Had Nokia bluetooth carkit fitted to new model a3 (avoids nasty bracket on lovely fascia!).
Problem is I have Symphony unit fitted and phonekit installer informed me there is no connection available for muting radio when phone is in operation.
The kit was chosen because it is as discreet as you will get however it is a bit of a bummer to have to turn down stereo manually.
Can anyone out there help? I really would appreciate it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

It looks like it's in the top left on the symphony, see picture bellow.

36176-symphonyII_pin.jpg

I had the Nokia Cark91 and now have the ericsson kit and used to run in on my audi Gamma head unit fine.

I have also seen a special cable for VW/audi so the phone comes out through your speakers, I will see if I can find the link

I fitted a kit to my last A4, with the telephone mute working and also the speaker output through the car speakers.

Didn't need any special leads, just connected the speaker output from the Nokia kit to the Tel Line + - connections and the mute wire to Mute.

Worked with no problems at all, very good speaker quality too.

I had the same problem with Sony Ericsson the kit mute didnt work I had to buy the extra music mute cable which mutes the sterio and puts the phone through the speakers

The diagram above is posted by A3 97-R 1.8T is great but I am having trouble trying to find a connector to fit to the steroe.

Just been to Audi today and they say you can't get a plug to fit it from them.

Anyone got any suggestions?