Chris NottVolks Autos
    Pat
    3rd Gear

Status

Have I Got Bose??

Right just picked up my s3 and have been told it has Bose... I thought the main givaway was Bose on the speaker grillles.. But there isn`t one on mine.. I have the amp and sub in the back... The car came with a Pioneer Mp3 player and 6 disc changer but the rear speakers and sub don`t wanna work..

Any ideas??

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    You might need to make up a bit of wiring to make your rear sub/amp and speakers into phono plugs for the jap headunit.

Somebody had done this to mine and i had to change em back to work with the normal hu
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

thinking about stuff

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat
    Right just picked up my s3 and have been told it has Bose... I thought the main givaway was Bose on the speaker grillles.. But there isn`t one on mine.. I have the amp and sub in the back... The car came with a Pioneer Mp3 player and 6 disc changer but the rear speakers and sub don`t wanna work..

Any ideas??
    sound's like you don't have bose to me, think the headunit should also say bose on it.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

1st Gear

Status
    i got a 1.8t quattro with bose and none of the grilles have bose written on them but the speakers are still bose. sub is on the left lookin inside the boot an amp on the right.

am pretty sure in sayin autoleads to an adaptor lead to make aftermarket headunits work with the bose sound systems. just looked on autoleads website an they do an adaptor...no pics of it though.

hope this helps ya

thinking about stuff

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigybaby37_A3quattro
    i got a 1.8t quattro with bose and none of the grilles have bose written on them but the speakers are still bose. sub is on the left lookin inside the boot an amp on the right.

hope this helps ya
    how do you know? Have you removed the door panels to see? Think all A3's have subs, mines not bose but has the sub. Bose i believe is a twin speaker sub box, non bose is a single one.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

3rd Gear

Status
    2 small speakers (subs) in left side of boot for bose and 1 for non-bose.

1st Gear

Status
    i have 2 speakers in my sub box so is bose and also still got the sticker on it with part numbers on an it even says audi bose bass box or somethin along them lines.

havnt removed the doorcards to look at speakers but got some booklet with the manuals etc for the car an it says i have a 4 speaker bose set up with a sub or somethin like dat.

Status
    Yeah check out the sub, two 4" drivers = Bose (also has Bose embossed on the front)
    A single 6.5" driver = non Bose.
    If you have just the front speakers working then you don't have Bose, as these would run off the Bose amp along with the rears. On non-Bose system the fronts run off the HU via standard ISO plug, so sounds very much like the previous owner just plugged in what he could and didn't hook up the rear/sub amp which are on a non standard mini ISO connector so you need an adapter.

Neutral

Status
    hi, just a quick question, if i wanted to change my headunit, will this lose the on dash display??? is there any way of keeping this?

Its just i have a weird problem of any time i first start my car up or on cold days etc. i adjust the volume and the volume rockets up!!! scares the hell outta me!!!!
    Audi S3 - Revo'd to 265bhp...that'll do!

6th Gear

Status
    Yes you would lose the dash display, yo uwould be better off buying an identical audi HU off ebay if you want to keep it. The volume problem is fairly common and expensive to fix
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeksx
    hi, just a quick question, if i wanted to change my headunit, will this lose the on dash display??? is there any way of keeping this?

Its just i have a weird problem of any time i first start my car up or on cold days etc. i adjust the volume and the volume rockets up!!! scares the hell outta me!!!!
    some aftermarket headunits will allow you to keep the dash display actually, you will have to buy and extra lead/adaptor but it is definetly possible with certain head units
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive just picked up some bose speakers today, the fronts are the same size as the 2 in the rear box but have a slightly differnt design housing pattern underneath

1st Gear

Status
    also have the same problem with my factory HU turn the volume up firsth thing in the mornin an whack volume is full ha ha got a technique where i turn the volume down but keep on turning it down so the volume dont go high at all