Just Brought An S3 Today!!

Pat

Reaction score
Well after selling my TT last week (180 Quattro) and wanting a slightly bigger car I brought myself an S3.. Took a drive to London from sunny Lincoln.. Came back with a 51 plate in black with full black leather with 17" TT Cup Alloys.. Its a standard 225 but off to revo next sat.. Few little things i noticed on way back and was hoping for your advice..

1, Passenger electric seat doesn`t go up or down?? I`m guessing the motor

2, It has Bose but has had a Pioneer head unit and disc changer put in.. only the front speakers are working.. (Any ideas??) Will Bose work with this unit...

Other than that its pretty much mint.. Needs alittle TLC but I`ll get some pics up tomoz..

Don't know any answers to your questions sorry!

Sounds like a cracking car though! Get some pics up.:icon_thumright:

John

The seat not going up or down is the micro-switch. should cost about £120-£150 from a top garage to fix and thats not expensive !

You'll be glad it's not the motor as the whole seat has to come out and be taken apart to get to it . . . . . Hundreds ! !

Pat said:
Well after selling my TT last week (180 Quattro) and wanting a slightly bigger car I brought myself an S3.. Took a drive to London from sunny Lincoln.. Came back with a 51 plate in black with full black leather with 17" TT Cup Alloys.. Its a standard 225 but off to revo next sat.. Few little things i noticed on way back and was hoping for your advice..

1, Passenger electric seat doesn`t go up or down?? I`m guessing the motor

2, It has Bose but has had a Pioneer head unit and disc changer put in.. only the front speakers are working.. (Any ideas??) Will Bose work with this unit...

Other than that its pretty much mint.. Needs alittle TLC but I`ll get some pics up tomoz..

You should've asked when you popped in to book the REVOing.

The stock BOSE headunit only powers the front speakers, the rears take a line out from the headunit to the rear amp, which in turn powers the rears. When an aftermarket unit is put in it's place it usually doesn't get installed correctly and then connect the rear line outs to the speaker output which doesn't work.
The seat issue has already been answered.

All you need to get the rear speakers working is the correct Autoleads loom. The one installed is the loom for Audi's without the Sub and Amp.

i see you bought homer's car doh! good to see another s3 in the lincoln area, dont see that many about.

Yeah Im not sure on the rims either,, may go back to standard ones

Aky said:
All you need to get the rear speakers working is the correct Autoleads loom. The one installed is the loom for Audi's without the Sub and Amp.

This will work, but loads of people have suffered interferrence issues with this, I think it depends on the output of the HU?

I tried the Autoleads lead on my non-bose system and couldn't get it to work, so fitted a new Sub and re-wired the rear speakers to it.