urgent advice needed

shufti

Reaction score
i'm just about to go and view a car tomorrow and I've been told it has a small oil leek around the sump or sump pipe. audi spotted it when it was in for its last service, and described it as a weep...... that's all the info i have and the guy seems honest?!

could this be expensive, I have no clue? and i'd want to get it sorted if i bought the car.

problem is the car is in liverpool and i'm in london so i don't want to make 2 trips and need to be armed with some info for my decision.....

any advice or an idea to what's the worst case scenario this could be or what sort of money i could be looking at?

cheers

I'd ask all the questions you can about it over the phone? Possibly get the details of the dealer so you could ask them???
My view (for what it's worth) is if they can not give you a reasonable explanantion and you have any doubt is to trust your gut instinct. When I was searching for my last S3 I looked in to loads of cars where over the phone they've mentioned a little thing, and when i've gone to see it, it's worse than their description.

A weep is still a leek, and is still going to leave oil stains on your driveway. How did it start weeping, is it worn parts, bottomed out and damaged it???? Maybe more trouble???

My advice would be to shop around and wait until the right one comes along - I spent about 3 months on my last car and eventualy found an immaculate car in Bath - had a long conversation with the seller about all details and highlighted the distance I was travelling (again from London), anyway I wasn't let down.

It's for sale now if you're interested...... see sig below :)