What does VAG meen????

Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Reaction score
sorry to ask this silly question but the letters keep coming up when people are talking about finding problems and faults with things???

can someone please put some light on this subject for me and if possible explain what exactly this thing does??

cheers peepz

Volkswagon/Audi Group. Or it could be The Vancouver Art Gallery? Vag is also a slag term for vagina.

ok thanks for enlightening me on thats one like the other explinations aswell lol vancouver art gallery. . . . love it

so when people talk about goin to vag its goin to a vw or audi garage an plugging it into there diagnostics machine??

does it cost anythin to get a check done as wouldnt mind gettin one done on mine??

Craigybaby37_A3quattro said:
so when people talk about goin to vag its goin to a vw or audi garage an plugging it into there diagnostics machine??

does it cost anythin to get a check done as wouldnt mind gettin one done on mine??

Are you getting confused with VAG-COM?

Rich said:
Volkswagon/Audi Group.

I used gto think that too but technically VAG means Volkswagen AG.

"The German term Aktiengesellschaft (abbreviated AG) means a corporation which is limited by shares, i.e., owned by shareholders. It may be traded on the stock market. The term is used in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. "

Car fans generally refer to all car manufactures owned by Volkswagen as VAG.
(thus Audi,VW,SEAT,Skoda,Bentley,Lamborghini and Buggati are all technically "VAG" cars.)

vag-com is a piece of software developed by Rosstech that is used to do fault diagnosis on "VAG" cars. Put the software on your laptop get the interface cable and you have a tool similar to what the main dealer uses and charges you a fortune for.

thats interesting to know. where abouts can i get the software from then and the interface cable to???

Craigybaby37_A3quattro said:
thats interesting to know. where abouts can i get the software from then and the interface cable to???

You can download the software off the rosstech website.

http://www.ross-tech.com/

They also sell the leads to use the full version of their software.

However if you just want to try the basic functions of the software out you can get aftermarket cables quite cheaply off ebay. I got mine off Alpha Bid on ebay, works great.