Disappearing DIS

NickP

Reaction score
Got in the car to come back form work today, and my DIS appears to have disappeared!

The yellow segment at the top still appears to be ok, but none of the red portion even lights up

Anyone had this before orhave any ideas or fixes?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

er.. if you fiddle with the reset switch it will actually turn of the dis display. fiddle with it again and it might come back to life..

theres an on off switch for it,
the stick which u cycles through modes there is another button there, press that till it comes back.

I'll give it a go tmrw morning and let you know how I get on!
Pretty sure I've tried what you both mentioned, but I'll give it another go!

If not I may have to resort to pulling the dash fuse to reset it!

I had this problem on new model a3 with symphony stereo. My problem was that top line of 3 didn't illuminate except to tell me i was low on diesel or screenwash (nb do your hi fi lights illuminate when side or headlamps turn on?) Dealer initially reset DIS as has been mentioned in other posts. After 2 days in dealer it was found to be a problem with stereo. If your problem is the same as mine be very careful as my battery ran flat twice necessitating an RAC callout followed by Audi assistance towing my car from outside the house back to dealer to have stereo replaced. Car was only 8 weeks old.
Radio replaced and everything working as it should but get your car checked out before you come a cropper.

[ QUOTE ]
Little Si said:
A quick press on the reset button on the stalk should sort it. Don't hold it, just a very quick press.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Don't know how I managed to turn it off!!

after having a TT with Dashpod problems I started to get worried!