Do a search?

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
Is it just me or are people not bothering to do a search anymore?
This forum the 8L forum IMO is probably the most comprehensive guide to the A3/S3 on the net, pretty much everything has been covered I mean how many threads do we need running at the same time on RS4 reps, springs, BBS CH etc etc? ....sometimes a thread will end and the following day someone else would start a new thread asking the same question!? Maybe Im being a bit harsh but its starting to annoy me a bit not having a dig at anyone in particular :shrug:

silver75 said:
This forum the 8L forum IMO is probably the most comprehensive guide to the A3/S3 on the net, pretty much everything has been covered I mean how many threads do we need running at the same time on RS4 reps, springs, BBS CH etc etc? ....sometimes a thread will end and the following day someone else would start a new thread asking the same question!? Maybe Im being a bit harsh but its starting to annoy me a bit not having a dig at anyone in particular :shrug:

From now on, my standard reply shall be:

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/search.php

Yeah...I know what you mean.

I think it's human nature for people to start asking questions without doing a search first...I suppose there is little wonder there are a few sarcastic replies!

I know exactly what you mean guys, but I usually give a decent answer without the sarky comments on my first post, then add a joke later on. A lot of new users are new to computer forums and don't know how to navigate these newer updated sites...

I hear what your saying but have you seen the amount of AMD threads just as an example not all done by newbies either:ohmy:

(again no dig)

silver75 said:
I hear what your saying but have you seen the amount of AMD threads just as an example not all done by newbies either:ohmy:

(again no dig)

A lot of new(and old) users don't venture into the general chat, they stick to their respective car forums. One of the AmD posts was telling us they have been bought over by BBT, the other guy found out cos' he was ordering suspension.

It goes to show that not all users go through all the posts like a lot of us!! :detective2:

Athough, I have noticed that what starts off as a proper ask ends up on such a hi-jacked tangent that its difficult to find an answer sometimes.

300px-Tangent-calculus.png

But if everyone stopped asking questions and doing searches then you would probably never see a post up again. In turn that means we would never hear of any new stories of problems that people are having. Ok they might not be new problems to us, but they are obviously new to the indvidual.

We were all new once.

Everyone does need to use there common sense but I do also agree that it would be good to have a a-z menu of questions asked as in at least for the covered threads to be categorised or something. Make it a user friendly to the rookies.

Or if you disagree you could just say:rtfm: he he.

or maybe create a new icon saying STFF (Search The Fu*king Forum)

Enough about search, and how to use it. Can someone tell me what oil I need to put in my car please ;)

indeed. have you seen how many threads there are on the car tax issue and the petition in the general chat?

This forum the 8L forum IMO is probably the most comprehensive guide to the A3/S3 on the net, pretty much everything has been covered I mean how many threads do we need running at the same time on RS4 reps, springs, BBS CH etc etc? ....sometimes a thread will end and the following day someone else would start a new thread asking the same question!? Maybe Im being a bit harsh but its starting to annoy me a bit not having a dig at anyone in particular.

I think that's harsh. What's wrong with it? Just ignore the posts you've heard before. Or perhaps you can't resist taking a look?!

It's a way of newbies introducing themselves - rather than just saying "hello" and nothing else. Also a way of oldies who should know better indulging themselves.

Repeatedly answering the same questions is what keeps the forum going. I just think it gets annoying when the same questions are being asked at the same time. Like several threads on tyres all on the first A3/S3 forum page. If you're not going to search, at least scroll down....

lol, I always have an attempt on search, but what really ****** me of is when search tells me "you must wait 30 seconds before your next entry" and after a minute, half the time it's still giving me the same message. Wish I could search as many times and as quickly as I'd like to :3sadwalk:

As a new user, doing a search brings up some useful info but often it is linked to out of date links so you need to ask again.

ChriS3 said:
Repeatedly answering the same questions is what keeps the forum going. I just think it gets annoying when the same questions are being asked at the same time. Like several threads on tyres all on the first A3/S3 forum page. If you're not going to search, at least scroll down....

This is exactly what Im trying to say obviously i dont want to stop people posting or I dont what to discourage people from asking questions, it just that in the last few weeks especially I have noticed quite a few examples of 2,3 threads running at the same time on the same subject.

They're usually about chipping or lowering.

Know what ya mean.

It's simple, you don't have to read these threads, or if you do, you don't have to answer them! There's plenty of members on here willing to help, I usually leave you guys to answer most of the obvious ones, but if it's like 1AM, I start helping with answers, as I don't expect that there will me many of you guys on here lol.

monkeytrousers said:
I think that's harsh. What's wrong with it? Just ignore the posts you've heard before. Or perhaps you can't resist taking a look?!
I think silver's afraid someone's going to steal his "Post Whore" title ;)

What happened to the awards anyway??? :think: