Maf sensor plug problem

Audiman99

Reaction score
Hey, just got back from Audi and bought a new reconditioned MAF as I thought mine was faulty, cost about 65 quid and I have 3 weeks to drop my old one back to them, not too bad I guess!

Anyway went to fit it and all was fine except when i went to plug it back on, I noticed that one of the pin slots looked like it has snapped off on the plug, I counted 5 pins on the MAF and there are only 4 slots left on the sensor I have taken some pics to show you what I mean. Just wondering if it has broken off, and how much a new sensor would be?

mafsensor2.jpg

mafsensor.jpg

maf.jpg

Thanks guys

id be down to a breakers cutting the loom off another VAG car, and soldering it onto your car, then fitting :)

is that possble? cos theres a audi/vw breakers near me but i dont fancy soldering the connection sounds like a bit of a bodge job to me

Just noticed that my engine management light is on, i guess the connection is proper broke then. Can i just pull it as hard as i can how is it attached to the car?

Breakers here i come.....

just scanned and vagcom come up with nothing even tho my engine management light is on!