Forge TIP

Daniel Vzla

Reaction score
Hello,

My girlfriend just give me a forge TIP for valentine's i just want to know 2 things, 1 if it's to hard to fit, should i take it to a speciallist or with the instructions i'll do well?

also my engine is an AGU and one friend told me that it won't fit, is this true? if it it perhaps i'll be selling one brand new forge TIP soon =(

If you car has ESP then it's ok ;)

P.s I have been told it can be a bit of a sod to fit?

I've got one I was going to fit myself but decided to pay £35 to get it fitted, just looks a little fiddly & I get stressed too easily. Its the pipe that goes from the airbox - have a look and decide for yourself.

I have just fitted the TIP hoses plus the passenger IC hose with out to much difficulty, just fiddly IMO.

The only hose i have left to fit is the drivers side IC hose but have read this is a bumper off and headlight out job! Is this the case?

Sorry to high jack your post!

It can be done, I did my TIP myself and the only difficult part I had was getting the pipe on the turbo as there is not much between the engine and the body, plus you have reach down a little bit.

fdussud said:
It can be done, I did my TIP myself and the only difficult part I had was getting the pipe on the turbo as there is not much between the engine and the body, plus you have reach down a little bit.

Good you can fit it to my car then when you sell it to me :p

I fitted one to my AGU golf.It is tight but not too bad.Make sure its on all the way or it can come off when tightening the jubilee clip.

There are two types of inlet pipe available. Both can be fitted to either car, but if you have the wrong one you have to faf about switching a pipes around and get a little adapter for one of them I believe. If you give forge a call they will tell you which one you have.

Thank you, as soon as i have it on my hands, actually is in my sister's house in the US,i'll send an email or make a call to forge guys to know exactly what to do, guys take you for your help!

BTW, its a real fiddley job. I attacked mine from underneath the car. The original pipe is in two pieces. The bottom half is metal and there is a small bolt that holds it on. The new pipe just slips over the turbo inlet so you will need to get yourself a jubilee clip of the correct size as I don't think forge supply them with the pipe.

S3Andy said:
Good you can fit it to my car then when you sell it to me :p

How much are you offering for fitting??

I am back in the UK now so will hopefully have it off on Saturday.

fdussud said:
How much are you offering for fitting??

I am back in the UK now so will hopefully have it off on Saturday.

I'm sure we can work something out ;)

I think Forge can supply the correct clips but they will cost extra.

scib4 said:
I have just fitted the TIP hoses plus the passenger IC hose with out to much difficulty, just fiddly IMO.

The only hose i have left to fit is the drivers side IC hose but have read this is a bumper off and headlight out job! Is this the case?

Sorry to high jack your post!

it sure is a bumper off job, you can check out me site as I had to fiddle about a bit with the IC: http://00626e1.netsolhost.com/formoshun/s3/Intercooler.htm

doesn't really explain much but enjoy :beerchug: