Clutch going

rodenal

Reaction score
Recently noticed occasionally when i stop and pull out of gear the revs will rise for a good few seconds, is this a sign my clutch is departing?

The car has always been really weak when pulling up hills or even reversing up my drive too.

If it is the clutch how long do they generally last once they start to go, i.e whats my chances of it doing till april at which point ill fob it off to a dealer who wont bother even driving it

Go find a nice long road(Private ;) )

Get to about 2K in 4th and put your foot down if the revs spin around 4K - 5K then your clutch is on it's way out.

As for how long I don't know but April is not that far so hope it lasts for you ;)

Nah it doesnt do it in 4th already checked lol.

Did seem to slip a little in first this morning tho, but only for a seond but thats the first time ive ever noticed it so hopefully itll hang in there!

Hmm please excuse the english in the above post but yeah but no but

No what I mean is get you car in 4th gear doing 2000 revs and then floor it and keep your foot down so the revs go upto the redline(still in 4th)

If the clutch is knackered the revs will jump before it gets there ;)

I know lol, i've done that already, and it didnt:icon_thumright:

Is it only when pulling away? My clutch is starting to slip and it's more noticeable in higher gears and is definitely related to engine revs and the turbo kicking in. It's getting to the stage where it's a little tricky to accelerate from 70mph in 6th gear :sob:

Strange thing is it seems to have come out of nowhere. A month ago I can't say as I noticed any problems at all. A fortnight ago? Probably no change either. Now I'm really having to adjust my driving until I can get it fixed :(

Is this when the cars revs are reaching rock bottom in gear then you drop it into neutral? If so it could be the car trying to keep the engine from stalling, it happens on mine too.

Na it happens just occasionally when pulling up, clutch already dipped and putting it into neutral, then it revs very highly for about ten seconds.

I think its actually related to a cam position sensor intermittent fault i have so im gonna get cleaning this weekend and see if it keeps doing it.