1999 A3 Quattro facelift headlight upgrade

Craigybaby37_A3quattro

Reaction score
was reading the sticky post about headlight upgrades an wanna give it a go but just got a few Q's ide like answering if possible before i go ahead.

1:If i am right in saying the facelift a3's that come with the upgraded headlight an fogs are the headlight the same as used on the s3??

2: If the answer to Q 1 is yes then how come i will need to slighly modify the inside of the wing to take the new facelift headlight?? unless when the car was new an had facelift headlight fitted are the wings made slightly diff from factory to take the new lights

Thanks guys also if anyone can help me with my other post about the clutch prob i currently have please let me know.

The S3 facelift lights are projectors because of the xenon bulbs. these are different to the standard facelift lights. AFAIK

the wing has to be trimmed because the indicator is part of the light and is deeper at the back. there is not much to trim off really. hers a pic:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w75/KEF_A3/wing.jpg

i just cut around the pink liine then filed it smooth, piece of pi$$.
i guess they must make the wings differently on the facelift models.
if you want nemore info just PM me or sumin!

:icon_thumright:

Not quite, all facelift light units are projectors. Its just the bulb holder and fitment thats different. On pre facelift the unit itself is different tho, as it has a projector style headlight