JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    Swaying towards IHI....

Status

Thinking of changing my miltek backbox??

Hi guys just wanted your advice my miltek backbox just doesnt look right to me i was wondering if i say went to MIJ and got them to put a different backbox on would it change the flow/performance of my miltek system?

Ive got a full miltek with hi flow cat.

Thanks
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    weird, how come you want to change the backbox? is it just hte tail pipes that are bothering you? or the noise? I'd say give MIJ a call see what can be done. Still surprised why you'd want to change the Milltek
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

6th Gear

Status
    If its just the tailpies look, they could proabably just change your tailpipes, although chopping the miltek will kill your warranty. So maybe a new Backbox would be better, then if you have anywarranty claim on the miltek bit of it, you can refit the miltek if you need to.

In answer to your question on flow etc, i'd be quite surprised if it made a huge difference right at the rear fo the car like that. So long ans the new backbox is not stuffed with three cushions or anything!!

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Yeah its just the look really i wanted to go for something single and ditch the twin,

Dont really like the design of this backbox eiter sits too low etc.

So really just want it for the look,

What you think guys?

Jason
    A3 1.8TS
    K03S,Pro Alloy FMIC, Neuspeed TIP, Forge 007P,Jabba Stage 2, BMC CDA, Turbo Back Miltek,H&R Cup Kit,H&R Arb's,18" Cup 3's Wrapped in Parada Spec 2's, Facelifted, 10k Hids, Dewipered, Debadged,S3 Interior, S3 Rear bumper, S4 Front bumper, Brembo's, Momo Team, LCR Splitter.

6th Gear

Status
    I have heard good things about them at MIJ and intend to go speak to them myself for a "quiet" system for my S3 eventually.

One of the memober son here works there I think...?

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Yeah MIJ are very good i had a backbox and a De-cat at first the decat caused me problems so it had to go and AMD fitted me the full miltek,

Just dont like the way to backbox is on the miltek the pipes curve down and under my bumper which i dont like,

Which is why i want a different backbox!

Jason
    A3 1.8TS

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    lookin for something along the lines of this?

2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

Swaying towards IHI....

Status
    Yeah either that or an oval style.

Just not sure if i should be cutting the miltek and that i just dont know!

Jason
    A3 1.8TS

Andy

Status
    I went for the letterbox style pipe a while back (same as Defratos has got on his), went to MIJ to have it done a few months back. They did a good job of it and it suits the car better than a great big round chav style exhaust. Mine's a diesel so they had to trim the rear bumper a bit though.