Chrome mirror caps

Vron

Reaction score
Hi
I have a december 2000 A3, both the wing mirrors appear to be the same size. I bought some caps advertised as fitment OK upto 2000 and when they arrived one is smaller than the other so no good. Are the A3 caps the same as the A4 caps you can buy as there are more of these around. Any recommendations on where to buy apart from Ebay?
Thanks

I can remember seeing something before about foreign A3's having mirrors of different sizes, whereas UK models dont. So I'm guessing the ones you bought were for a foreign model??
The mirrors I've heard good things about on here previously were from Going Fast and In.Pro.

I think youve got wing mirror caps for a german A3 which are smaller on the drivers side.
I have In-pro mirrors on mine, they fit well and are good quality.

I think you have S3 caps and i belive pre-facelift s3's had a smaller passenger side mirror .....not sure about the A3

I ama fraid a lot of VAG cars in Europe for some reason have these dinky little passenger side over their mirrors (drivers side here). Its soemthing to do with TUV regs and parking etc I think.

Its shame you cannot get the same option on RHD, a pair of the little truncated mirrors would look sweet!!

I have a set of inpro chrome mirror caps for the facelift car for sale, never used still in box!
Also have an actual set of the full mirrors as well with silver facelift caps on them and also an actual original passenger chrome mirror case.

If anyone is interested, please send me a pm.

Thanks

Steve