Tyres???

steve123a

Reaction score
Am looking around to get a full set of tyres for my S3, I have found a very reasonable place on the web to get them, but I have been told by a tyre fitter that on the S3 you have to get the extra load tyres... anyone comment as to whether this is true or not as they seem to be a lot more expensive!

I have found a set of [FONT=Tahoma, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] GOODYEAR 225/40R18.92Y EAGLE F1 GSD3 2ply, they are £375 delivered! are these gonna be OK?[/FONT]

Any help appreciated, thanks in advance!

Steve

Thats the first time ive heard that about extra load tyres.

I think they should be fine mate.

Thats what I thought, the guy was trying to sell them to me @ £130 each fitted!

Think I will get these ordered up now then!

Nice car by the way, same as mine except the mods... getting there slowly!

Thanks

Steve

camskill tyres (or something like that) were selling Avon ZZ3's for £75 each delivered when I took a last week.
They were 18"s. I've got them fitted to my S3 and really rate them. I've done 18k with them and still 4mm on the fronts, and 6mm on the rears

Was always told when I got tyres for S3 that they had to be extra load version.

GSD3's XL are only £380 from mytyres delivered so not that much extra, im sure there is a discount code about to get 5% off that as well.

Was gunna suggest Mytyres.
Not heard about Xl ones before though?
I noticed on there that there are three idfferent load values for each type of tyre! I dont have a clue what they mean though!

Cant remember why I was told to get XL's before but im sure I read on TT forums that Michelin had recommended one person to get XL's and another to get standard versions for the same model car so if they give conflicting advice its not surprising garages do the same.

XL's are designed to hold extra pressure I think, but not sure how much extra.

AndyM said:
Cant remember why I was told to get XL's before but im sure I read on TT forums that Michelin had recommended one person to get XL's and another to get standard versions for the same model car so if they give conflicting advice its not surprising garages do the same.

XL's are designed to hold extra pressure I think, but not sure how much extra.

Must have been whatever was most pricey that week!!

Bearing in mind the numerous threads on tyre noise on here, I wonder if that is related to load values.....! Dose the owners book say owt about load values on tyres......?? I know the winter tyres I've had on cars abroad drive you mental with noise!

Cheers fellas, I have ordered the XL GSD3 from mytyres... £380 delivered!

Hopefully get these quite quickly as I noticed the inside of my current tyres are through the the metal nearly, think I need the geometry sorting.

Anyone know how much this costs?

Thanks again

Costs about £80 at a proper 4WD tracking centre. Don't go to a high street place.