Oil light after slalom?

dultanur

all promises, no action :)
Reaction score
hi guys.
the other day i was doing a bit of a slalom just for kicks and my oil light came on! 1 or 2 seconds later it was off. i checked the oil and it looked ok, not full but about the middle of the dipstick normal range.

what do you think? just no problems, fill it up or take it to the vet?

u get this cos all of ur oil will get smashed to one side of the engine making the presure drop, the light comes on as a warning as it sences the drop. so long as it goes out straight after, meaning presure is bak to normal, m sure it aint nothing to worry about.

Top it up, it should be ok.

If it becoems an issue when cornering, I think the diesles have a windage tray you can fit.../??/ Not sure, I know you can to the tall block 2 litres etc..

thanks guys. thats what i guessed, but wanted to be sure.
so in short, dont slalom. no fun.

Only slalom ona full sump!! lol

The reason for this will be that all the oil went to the opposite end of the sump to the oil pump, thus meaning that the oil pump could not lift enough oil. Race cars use a baffled sump to stop this happening during hard cornering. Obviously if this happens to often you could damage your engine, its not normally a problem on road cars, unless they are regularly used for track days. If you do regular track days etc you can get a baffled sump for our cars. Jabba do one

http://www.jabbasport.com/product_fulldetail.asp?ProductID=37

whish i could, no such thing over here i'm afraid :(
but the thing is, i always take bends at high (sometimes unwise) speeds, and this never happened before...and during a slalom, you know, right-left-right really quickly, so i found it strange...whtever...i'll just fill it up, and no more slaloms for me...