Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    4th Gear

Status

Philips Blue Vision

thinking of changing all of my standard bulbs to these including fogs

but reading about it on here in other topics i think it says the bulb codes H7/H1 etc are used differently from the pre-facelift to the post-facelift

could someone clarify which bulb for which light i need before i order some, my car's a 2002 (post facelift)

also, is there any other bulbs which are better?

cheers v.much

drew
    Last edited by buckas; 8th February 2007 at 01:16.

2. # ADS
    ADS

German Hardcore

Status
    Don't know about the bulb sizes but I have read an article on so called 'blue' headlight bulbs that may put you off. In the article it said that blue light is 'absorbed' by moisture in the air so on damp or misty nights it can actually decrease your visability. I must admit from my experience this would appear to be true as I had 'blue' bulbs in my last car and in the dry they were great but when the road was wet you would hardly notice they where on! I changed them for a super white set and there was definitly a marked difference, personally I'd go with them again...

thinking about stuff

Status
    Philips Blue Vision are very expensive and nothing like xenon look. I was very disappointed with them. Better getting some 6500k bulbs on ebay for about 6. You do get reduced output with blue (white) bulbs.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

Neutral

Status
    When I brought some from powerbulbs, their website was saying i needed H7 for my dipped beam for facelift lights, this was incorrect.

I checked on Elsawin an found the following:

pre 2000 (seperate indicator/headlight)
    main H1 w/o fogs
    H4 w fogs
    dipped H7

2001 on (combined indicator/headlight)
    main H7
    dipped H1

i let them have this info woth copies from elsawin, but i dont know if they updated their website.

Hope it helps

Glu Kru

Status
    Have you ever heard of sportz blue bulbs made by ring?

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/pro...6&cat=0&page=1

I have just ordered my 2nd set as my first ones blew. They cost about 20 pounds for a set but if you hunt on ebay you can sometimes get them for half that.

I have pre-face lift headlights and I ordered H4's.

I know that these bulbs are 80w and do state that they are for off road use only but they are amazing. They give the xenon blue flicker as you see with real xenons but obviously dont look as good as the real thing but they come very close.

I love them. I've bought and tried many bulbs but these are the best. Dont go for phillips, they are exspensive and dissapointing.
    Brrrrrm Stcch...... The sound of that Turbo... Schwing!!! A3 1.8 Turbo 1999 Lowered 40mm, Rs418's, Sony Explod Cd, Vibe Component, RAM Cold Air Indutcion, Cat Back Remus Exhaust,Green Stuff Pads, A colour to die for.....

3rd Gear

Status
    If you mean better as in brighter - there are loads of bulbs better. If you mean better as in bluer then the Philips ones are OK

4th Gear

Status
    thanks for all info chaps, think i'm gonna go for a white one instead - what's the best out there? cheers again

drew

3rd Gear

Status
    Lots of discussion and comparison on bulbs in this thread:
    Halfords Mega-bright (+50%) headlight bulbs half price

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

get these

Im sure you need H7 bulbs,cheap bulbs dont last,the bluer the bulb the reduced light on the road,im using "osram silver stars" 50% brighter than standard.

55watt and road legal...made in germany. Top bulbs nice white light!

S55 LKS

Status
    The Halfrauds +50% bulbs get good reviews so I picked some up today. They are still on a BOGOF offer as well.
    2004 1.9TDi A4 Avant Sport, GmbH bodykit, DPM Remap, Fishscale Alu trim, RNS-E

4th Gear

Status
    will have a looky in halfords tomorrow, cheers

Genuine Dude

Status
    Ive got Ring "xenon" bulbs in mine. Theryre definitely brighter than standard but not theyre nothing like proper HID xenons.

Go banana!

Glu Kru

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by bena3turbo
    Ive got Ring "xenon" bulbs in mine. Theryre definitely brighter than standard but not theyre nothing like proper HID xenons.
    You will never get anything close to xenons except from the real thing. You can only try and imitate them. If you want the xenon look go buy the real thing otherwise your wasting your time.

There is nothing wrong with being a wannabee
    Brrrrrm Stcch...... The sound of that Turbo... Schwing!!! A3 1.8 Turbo 1999 Lowered 40mm, Rs418's, Sony Explod Cd, Vibe Component, RAM Cold Air Indutcion, Cat Back Remus Exhaust,Green Stuff Pads, A colour to die for.....

1st Gear

Status
    i see many other cars with zenons and a slightly bluer tint like bmw's and mercss, having an s3 with zenons do i need to change the bulbs to get that bluer tint? any ideas
    S3 210bhp, facelift, black, 18" RS4's, heated electric leather recaro's, light tints, arm rest, electric sunroof.

Big Ron

Status
    the higher the k rating the bluer the bulb

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

Neutral

Status
    Does anyone know which is the model of the bulbs for the fog lights? i'm looking in getting some 7500k Xenon for the fog and changing the original main 4300k for a 7500K too, so do i have to buy a H7 7500k Kit for the main beams?