17's or 18's ???

hooley

Reaction score
Okay, going to swim against the flow here.

Just got an A3TQS, and it has some blinging 18 inch Kahn RSC alloys shod with 225/40/18 Khumo tyres.

These cost the previous owner over £1700 less than 5 months ago - fool.

So these are of to Fleabay to recoup as much as possible.

Now what do I replace them with??? Got about 600 to play with (should get 4-500 for ther Kahns with almost new tyres on them)

2nd Hand OE S3 alloys 17's with decent tyres?
17 inch OE-style 5-star alloys with semi-decent new tyres?
17 inch RS6 style alloys with OK tyres
18 inch RS6 style alloys with average tyre

Or make a suggestion........

Looking for OE style with reasonable costs to replace tyres and decent ride prefered over ultimate grip

Cheers
Jason

BBs wheels always look good on an A3

Already got 18's, but want a decent quality ride, mine is a bit harsh (getting old you see)...

Crashes in pot-holes and the tyres are sh1t. Slide everywhere.

So 17's are cheaper to replace when I wear them out...
Again ultimate grip not essential as it isn't an S3

J

you wont be happy with 17's. 18's sit nice on an A3... what money will you really save when you have to buy and new set of wheels and tyres to replace your current wheels.. while the short term gains seem good. In the long run i rekon you will find your self buying bigger wheels again.

depends on ride height, but 18's will generally be 8j and hence fill your arches out a bit more, 7's will be 7.5 j usually.

I have 7.5 x17 BBS Rxs a golf mk4 and with rear spacers and lowered 35mil, it looks sweet and rides excellently!

Mine is lowered 55mm on 18's looks great i think, every time i see the A3's with 17's it just doesnt look right,

you got a pic to those wheels your car has on at the moment could be interested...

Jason