Best place to buy new BBS CH?

Reaction score
Anyone know the best place to buy a new set of BBS CH's with tyres?

I'm thinking about some summer alloys and these are high up on the list of possibilities.

I've just heard elsewhere that BBS have gone bust.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/wi...01854_14140.hbs

In German I know, so rough translation:

Update +++ the autosupplier BBS automotive technology AG in scold oh (circle Rottweil), one of the prominent manufacturers of light alloy wheels, placed insolvency request. As reason for the inability to pay the enterprise gave on Tuesday (6,2.) the way breaking of a bank on.

Shame Of all the manufacturers to go bust, you'd think BBS would be last, especially with the motorsport links they have.

Still should be able to get hold of some.

joe6886 said:
I've just heard elsewhere that BBS have gone bust.

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/wi...01854_14140.hbs

In German I know, so rough translation:

Shame Of all the manufacturers to go bust, you'd think BBS would be last, especially with the motorsport links they have.

Still should be able to get hold of some.

****! Who knows, maybe some retailers will have some stock they want to shift at the right price! ;-)

Yeah I only read it on another forum so may be a load of pish but there will still be loads about. Should'nt be much of a problem to get some.

I shopped around to get the best quote when I got mine, If I remember right South West Tyres came out cheapest but delivery was a couple of weeks, I got them from Demon Tweeks in the end as they price matched my cheapest quote(south west tyres) and delivered them in three days.

S3Steve said:
I shopped around to get the best quote when I got mine, If I remember right South West Tyres came out cheapest but delivery was a couple of weeks, I got them from Demon Tweeks in the end as they price matched my cheapest quote(south west tyres) and delivered them in three days.

If you don't mind me asking, what price did you pay? (PM me if you prefer) Its the pic of your car that is getting me twitchy for CH's!

yeah could you also pm me aswell please mate, as i would really like to know the price! am thinking of getting a set aswell, absolutely love them wheels!

i wouldn't mind knowing the price if poss. Looking to get some to replace the standard wheels when my tyres run out.

There is a guy who allegedly has CHs in stock in 5x100 and 5x112 in 18 8j and 8.5, in the UK!

Not 100% convinced though, he's in the North of England. if anyone is interested pm me! Be careful though in case he's got warehouse stock that may be caught up in this!

simch said:
There is a guy who allegedly has CHs in stock in 5x100 and 5x112 in 18 8j and 8.5, in the UK!

Not 100% convinced though, he's in the North of England. if anyone is interested pm me! Be careful though in case he's got warehouse stock that may be caught up in this!

Don't trust it - he hasn't got them in stock, I won the auction to find he didn't have them in stock. Thought I was getting a good deal at £830 delivered. Glad no money was handed over.

Can't say I'm surprised that BBS have gone bust with the price of their rims, although I would love a set of CH's they are a lot of money for a pair of shoes

Who was the guy you mention? sounds like he was on ebay...? May be the same fella, but not sure! PM me the auction details will you. This guy I located said he definately had them in stock, but when I quizzed im about ets etc, he did not seem to know much!

Funky_Junky said:
If you don't mind me asking, what price did you pay? (PM me if you prefer) Its the pic of your car that is getting me twitchy for CH's!

I dont mind saying mate, I paid £1413 delivered, fitted with Yoko Parada Spec 2's and included locking wheel nuts. This was in March last year.

The wheels on there own were £854 plus vat.

I told ChriS3 who to speak to at Demon Tweeks not long after so he could get his.

S3Steve said:
I dont mind saying mate, I paid £1413 delivered, fitted with Yoko Parada Spec 2's and included locking wheel nuts. This was in March last year.

The wheels on there own were £854 plus vat.

I told ChriS3 who to speak to at Demon Tweeks not long after so he could get his.

Lol, yup got mine from the same place, with the same tyres (very good choice, the only tyre I'm using in the dry from now on).

To be fair, I was thinking about them just before I saw yours, but yes, yours were the inspiration to make me commit to getting them. Should have something different on by the summer....

not sure if that is the same guy but this fella sounded full of crap tbh! He wanted 950 for 18x8.5 wheels only.

If your guy, said they were in stock and they aren't, AKY, I'd report him to ebay! it sould be a scam maybe he is owed some money by them for credit etc, and he wants to take some customer for cash then blame it on the insolvency.....? NOt good whatever its about!

simch said:
not sure if that is the same guy but this fella sounded full of crap tbh! He wanted 950 for 18x8.5 wheels only.

If your guy, said they were in stock and they aren't, AKY, I'd report him to ebay! it sould be a scam maybe he is owed some money by them for credit etc, and he wants to take some customer for cash then blame it on the insolvency.....? NOt good whatever its about!

I told him to withdraw my bid 3 mins before the end which he kindly did, so I haven't lost out. You are right I should have reported him but couldn't be bothered.

So did he admit he did not have them in stock....? But the ad said he did, or did his ad say they were not in stock?

Hahaha! He has only sucessfully sold a few cds and some pussycat dolls tickets!!

Dork!

No I think this guy was different but up to the same thing I reckon! Avoid!!

ring me 0151 525 9954, I am an official BBS agent:cool:

Can you get CH's....no one else seems to be able to!!